“If you don't want to spend much and go far” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Dubai
“If you don't want to spend much and go far”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Don't take salads, they don't know how to do. Go for the noodles which are ok. Don't expect too much but price is ok for NY. Service good.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Simple decor, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 9 people and we all enjoyed the food. Sticky rice with mango desert was a hit with the kids who ate it here for the 1st time. There are many options for vegetarians as they also serve "mock duck". Most of the food is not spicy but there are hot dishes that are noted in the menu - they don't burn your pallet but are not for children. I was surprised to read previous reviews - we had a positive experience and definitely liked the food.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“OK when you don't want to go far”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were staying very close by so just nipped in here as it was convenient. It was OK, nothing more than that really.

• Visited April 2014
NYC
“Early Alarm Call”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

So Im out to dinner with my wife and kids not at Taan Thai Cuisine at 17 E 31st st when a cell number 347-698-0358 calls my cell and a gruff voice says “you make order what ur building number” I respond that they must have a wrong number and hang up getting back to my wife's birthday dinner. Two minutes later I get another call from 347-698-0358 “did you order food for delivery, I want to know building number again I say you have a wrong number. This wasn’t enough for 347-698-0358 so he calls again. Now this time i’ve had enough of him and he’s interrupting my family dinner, as the kids are at the table I keep it PG. having a discussion with him about food from around the world. The kids got a great laugh.
five minutes later As the entree is being served I get a call from 212-213-3773 from a lady who questions me as to why I would order Thai food and then not want it takes her a few minutes to understand that she or someone else at Taan Thai may have actually taken a number down wrong.
5:07am the next morning I get a call from 347-698-0358. I’m an early riser and appreciated the alarm but it was a little early even for me. Im not really big on Thai but after reading the reviews from Taan Thai Cuisine It doesn't look like ill be going any time soon. But If I do it won’t be for the food ;) feel free to call the cell number anytime day or night to say HI.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
“Inexpensive but just ok?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

My wife loved the Pad Thai ... My dish was just OK
The spring rolls were also 'just ok'.

The servers seemed to be going thru the motions... No zest or life.

I'm not complaining... It was 10 degrees out and this was just down the street... Otherwise I would have ventured farther