“happy place!”
Review of Breads Bakery

Breads Bakery
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Description: Our bakery believes in artisanal, handmade, traditional baking techniques which is why we have the factory and oven on site. Most of the breads we bake are made with whole grains and go through a slow proofing process, which sharpens and improves the taste. We select only the finest ingredients and, when possible, use natural and organic ingredients. The bakery bakes both sweet and savory items. The cafe serves premium coffee, next to light meals, made from fresh products that just came out of the oven.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“happy place!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Excellent cheese straws, fresh sandwiches and home brewed ice teas. What a happy, hopping place to stop for late lunch/snack this past fall weekend. If I lived in New York, this could become a serious addiction.

• Visited November 2013
Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
I'm so glad to hear that you loved our cheese straws, sandwiches, teas and the atmosphere at lunch-time. We hope you'll come see us every time you're in NY! Next visit, be sure to try our Chocolate Babka -- we think it might just earn us that final star!

Best,

Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous bread!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The selection of bread in this place is the main reason to go, but the onion quiche, Salmon sandwich and almond croissant we tried were just perfect.
And the real Italian cappuccino was also excellent.
The interior design could step it up a bit though...

Visited November 2013
Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
We always shoot for perfection, and I'm thrilled to hear you describe the almond croissant, salmon sandwich and onion quiche that way. Thank you! I'm sorry you weren't happier with our decor -- admittedly we pour all of our energy into what's happening in production, so we keep it simple. I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

New York, New York, United States
“Awesome”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Holiday challahs, decadent chocolate babkas and more. This bakery is a great addition to the neighborhood.

Visited September 2013
Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
We're so happy to be in the neighborhood, Diane, and thank you for welcoming us! I'm thrilled to hear that you like so many of our breads, and I hope you'll continue to visit us.

New York City, New York
“Almond croissant too!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I do love the buttery, very chocolatey babka Breads is famous for, but I highly recommend the almond croissant as well. A satisfyingly thick and evenly distributed layer of marzipan for intense almond flavor plus flakey, fresh pastry dough makes for one of my favorite almond croissants in NYC.

Visited October 2013
Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for this mouth-watering review, Cynthia. I'm delighted that you find such pleasure in our almond croissants and the babka. I hope we can welcome you back to the bakery again very soon!

New York City, New York
“Amazing”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

One of the best bakeries in the city. Everything is so good and fresh!
Try the Olive Cheese Stick, you will thank me:)

Visited October 2013
Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you, Martine! We're happy to hear you like our breads and baked goods, and we hope to see you around the bakery again very soon. We'll have some Olive Cheese Sticks waiting for you!