“Not worth your time”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Village
Description: A restaurant, bar and social club for eccentric explorers and mad scientists where our guests can eat, drink and socialize among the unusual and the bizarre.
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Our group was very dissatisfied with this restaurant. We had heard good things about the Jekyll & Hyde at Times Square, but that has since closed. We expected this location to be a great alternative, but we were very disappointed. The decor was outdated and lame, service was fair, and the food was just ok. I expect much better when visiting a restaurant.....especially in NYC where there are so many options!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Our group of 4 was placed upstairs at a sticky table, surrounded by a mess of dirty plates and cutlery. After 30 mins without even seeing a waiter we decided to leave. btw .. the "actors" aren´t funny at all. Better chose the Mexican right next to it.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I had been by this place a few times but never went in. Was curious so walked in last time I was in town. The decor is interesting. This day it seemed like they were out of a few beers and liquors as a few folks walked in and ordered and were told they were out of such and such. My visit was ok, pretty neutral, not good not bad.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

This was our fav thing we did our entire trip to NYC. So entertaining, we laughed and laughed. The food was excellent, loved the calamari yum yum & the steak was real good too. Our server asked what the kids would like to drink and he said we have Shirley Temples and they never heard of that so he had a cool story to tell how they got started. Now those are the kids fav drinks. About every 10-15min 1 of the things on the wall would start talking and moving, definitely kept the kids in a "Not Bored" state. Then the kids asked someone where the restroom is and he said umm it's somewhere down that way, you have to find it yourself. The hallway looks like book shelves and you feel around to find the door to the rest room, soooo cool. Personally I LOVE stuff like this. The kids loved that too & were nervous. I had to video tape it and glad I did. We arrived around 5pm and they asked if we had reservations and we said no but we got seated right away luckily. For the 4 of us our bill was $160 + tip but man was it worth it. If your kids love scooby doo they'd love this is 1 way to describe it LOL. I think it's a great place for a family to go for a different kind of fun entertaining evening. And we stayed a few hours, had desert because it was so entertaining. Highly recommend this place. Great staff, great food, & spookily different inside. Our kids are 9 & 12yrs old.

1  Thank Carrie0693
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I stopped in here with a friend at the beginning of her 21st birthday celebration to get the night started. We liked it a lot. We just sat at the bar and were able to take on the entertainment on the main floor behind. We both had a cocktail and liked them - Twin Sisters and Kiss? I don't remember the other one but it had 7-up and cherry vodka. Fun time. Would come back.