“BEST EVER!!!!!”

Matilda The Musical
Reviewed 3 September 2014

We actually went last summer but I never got around to writing a review and I can't put the old dates in. Anyway, the show was fantastic!! It was funny, heart-warming, a little scary and basically brilliant in my opinion. The choreography was so unique and energetic. The acting was perfect! I loved all the songs and every second of the show. Can't wait to see it again and again!! My only complaint would be that someone told us balcony seats would be fine and since we splurged with awesome seats for Newsies, we went ahead and bought the nosebleed seats. They were not good. Not comfortable. Hard to see. The show is simply amazing so go for the good seats for sure! It has been over a year since we saw the play and we still listen to the soundtrack all the time! My kids have even used songs from the show for their dance competitions. GO SEE THIS ONE My kids were 9 and 12 when we saw it. Perfect ages for it in my opinion.

Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

It was spectacular funny and moving play and musical I enjoyed it very much as did the rest of my family. We were there on a family vacation with 22 members of the family and we all win and everybody had a spectacular time

Reviewed 2 September 2014

The box office talked us into center balcony seats -- said they'd be very satisfactory. They weren't. Had to bend head down at an uncomfortable angle to see stage. It was too warm - many patrons were using the play bills as fans. Seats have too little room between rows. By contrast, the Steven Sondheim theater where we saw Beautiful the next evening was perfect.

The play was a huge disappointment. I could understand maybe 1/3 of the dialog at most. Acoustics not up to par. The script is somewhat a poor rip-off of Annie, but with a darker, meaner spirit to it. The children did their best, but the songs were beyond what they can be expected to do at their age; not their fault. Again, by contrast, Beautiful on the next night had none of these problems and in fact was one of the most perfect plays I've ever seen. I suppose if you have children with you and want to see a Broadway play, Matilda is the one you'd pick due to the extensive # of children in it. And, there were a lot of kids in the audience. Otherwise, there are better picks. Sorry if this review bothers anyone but Matilda was a big miss and a mess for me.

2  Thank Scott G
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Our family, including kids ages 6, 10 and 13, really enjoyed the show. Be warned that the story is based on the book, and it is significantly different from the movie. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but just a fact. The actor playing Ms. Trunchbull was fabulous and he stole the show. I did have trouble understanding what exactly some of the children were saying when they were singing and a few of them just seemed to shout their lines, but overall we did enjoy it!

Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

My sister and I grew up watching the movie Matilda the movie, and this musical took us back! It was wonderful, great singing, dancing, storyline, cast, and set! The only downside was the bathroom. Do not go during intermission! Go before the show, or you will miss the beginning of act II.