“Good value and great location”

Best Western Premier Herald Square
Ranked #85 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I had never stayed here before. My "fav" hotel was booked because of the Westminster Dog Show. I ended up here and it was in the same area and much cheaper. I liked that breakfast was included. The only complaint is that another hotel is being built right next door and they started construction at 6:30 AM. So ask for a room away from the construction if possible.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank janeg99
Sayed A, General Manager at Best Western Premier Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

we want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay.We are so glad that you enjoyed your overall experience during your visit and we definitely hope to have managed our Best Western Premier Herald Square ,NYC to become as your future "fav" hotel.

They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return. Thank you again!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

As a business traveler that tries to be a good steward of company funds, I choose this hotel based on price and prior good experiences with Best Western Premier locations. But this placed WOWED me! Great room (considering NYC room size reality), clean, newly appointed, good for computer work. More important than that was the people who made me feel welcome, going above and beyond to ensure my comfort. My new spot when in the city doing business.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about our hotel. We are very proud of the staff and the teamwork we put in to insure all our guest have the very best during their stay. We strive to provide great customer service and affordable pricing.

YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL::

"I choose this hotel based on price and prior good experiences with Best Western Premier locations. But this placed WOWED me! Great room (considering NYC room size reality), clean, newly appointed, good for computer work. More important than that was the people who made me feel welcome, going above and beyond to ensure my comfort. My new spot when in the city doing business".

Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future

Reviewed 10 February 2014

50 West 36th was a great location for shopping, two blocks from Macys, and shows, six blocks from the theatre district. We walked to the shows and down to Little Italy from the hotel for lunch. The room on the sixteenth floor more than met our needs. Our room was across the hall from the elevator, but never a problem because there were only five rooms on the floor. Weather during our visit was frigid, the weekend before the Super Bowl, but the room was very comfortable. The property is relatively new. The bed was very comfortable.
The staff was very helpful and courteous. The breakfast was typical Best Western but with the low priced room it was an inexpensive New York breakfast. Do not go to the breakfast room late as a surge of last second rookie tourists jam the room. Go earlier and you have the room to yourselves.
We have been visiting NYC for over 15 years. We would definitely consider this hotel again. We saved enough on the room to pay for our meals and two shows while in town for three days. The only disappointment was when leaving we requested a taxi and a private vehicle was called instead. If not on the way to the airport, we would have denied the driver and found our own taxi. Next time we will be very specific. In every other way the visit was great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Russell G

Thank you for taking the time to write such nice things about our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed a great night's sleep on our comfortable bedding and truly liked our beautiful guest rooms. As well, I am glad that the staff was so cheerful and helpful during your stay. However, we do apologize for the miscommunication regarding your request for a "taxi". I can assure you that your comments will be addressed to the correct departments.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to NYC..

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel is great for a short trip to NY. My husband and I stayed for 2 nights and loved everything about the hotel. Location was great (only 2 blocks away from Empire State Building), great friendly staff, and quick check-in/check-out. Would def recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and for the kind sentiments that you have shared about your time at the Best Western Herald Square, NYC.We are delighted you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your compliments on our staff and their excellent service. Hope to see you and your husband back soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is an easy walk from Penn Station. Price for seniors is excellent and room is more than adequate. The hotel is well managed, the rooms are clean and modern, and the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. I skipped the crowded breakfast and got a good meal at the Jerusalem cafe across the street.

This is a good overnight stay--not the kind of room that I would want for relaxing, but excellent for business and other out and about stays.

Room Tip: Aim for higher floor--no sound issues.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.We are proud of our staff and it is great to hear that they are delivering excellent service and providing superb cleanliness guests can expect while staying with us.

Our location is very convenient and we have easy access to many businesses. . Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We had a room at the highest floor, the 17th. The view from the room's floor to ceiling window was great; a prober city view with some skyscrapers and old buildings of NY. I've heard rooms in NYC are tiny but I couldn't say that from Best Western Premier Herald Sq. I really liked the modern rooms and photo canvas paintings on the walls. The heating worked well although it was freezing out-side. They even served yogurth at breakfast which I though isn't a standard in US hotels. Location couldn't be better, walking distance to Time Sq., Empire State Bldg., Macy's, Desigual store, Rockefeller Ctr and subway stations.

Room Tip: Higher floor's have better view. I think we had room no. 3 on the 17th floor and it came with th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tainak

We are pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted that you were able to utilize some of the amenities that our hotel has to offer.

Thank you for putting these nice comments in your review " I've heard rooms in NYC are tiny but I couldn't say that from Best Western Premier Herald Sq. I really liked the modern rooms and photo canvas paintings on the walls".

Thank you again and we hope your travels bring you back to the Best Western Premier Herald Square,NYC again soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights last week in the middle of the polar vortex! Location-wise, it is superb! Just less than two minutes walk to the 34th subway station. 3 minutes walk to Macy's and other shops. Great for walking to Times Sq and anywhere in midtown.

The room is rather small but furnishing is well maintained and quite comfortable and clean. The bathroom was also tiny and for a relatively new hotel, there are already rust stains on the ceiling. There's hardly any counter space for anything but we had drawers in the room to store our toiletries. Our room (603) faced the street which I was pleased with at the start but soon found we could hear everything happening on the street. Rubbish trucks and drunk guests at 3am was the worst. There's free wifi and breakfast which is great. Overall a good deal in a well located best western.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for sharing all these details and for your time. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room to be clean and comfortable. I would like to apologize that our bath rooms toiletry space did not meet your expectations. We will take your comments into consideration during our next remodel.

Also for your next stay and for your comfort we suggest you to book rooms on the rear side of the hotel, since they are much more quieter.

Thank you again and we hope that you will stay with us again in the near future