“motown”
Review of Motown The Musical on Broadway - MOVED

Motown The Musical on Broadway
More attraction details
Owner description: MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL is the real story of the one-of-a-kind sound that hit the airwaves in 1959 and changed our culture forever. This exhilarating show charts Motown Founder Berry Gordy's incredible journey from featherweight boxer to the heavyweight music mogul who launched the careers of Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, and so many more.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

musical was great. I felt the musical was about Diana ross. was disappointed about that. other than that it was a great musical.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I laughed, cried ( takes a lot to bring tears to my eyes ), sang and danced. Downloaded the album soon after leaving the theater. I close my eyes and remember ever scene, actor and actress. The talent, casting is genius. Thank you!!!

1  Thank VGS262
Reviewed 4 July 2014

An absolutely brilliant show!! I highly recommend this show to anyone who loves Motown music. The performers were excellent and I clapped and sang along the whole time!! 10/10!!

1  Thank DMK16
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Having the privilege of seeing many shows around the world, at various venues, this show lacked the standard that would be expected of a show on Broadway. The voices of the singers were good, but not great, the choreography was good, but the dancers were not polished. I have always wanted to see a Motown show, but sad to say this particular one was disappointing.
Tip: We bought our tickets at TKTS at Times Square late in the afternoon & only paid $50 for $150 seats. The cashier said $80, but when he actually punched it in, it was only $50 per ticket, perhaps because it was later in the afternoon. Our seating position was great and we had an excellent view of the stage with no-one sitting in front of us. Highly recommend this way of purchasing your tickets for a show.

1  Thank HAVEFUN000
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This show is brilliant, cast were great especially Diana Ross and Michael Jackson actors! Love Motown music this does not disappoint. can't wait for it to come to West End so I can see it again!

1  Thank Chappers2013