“The realistic joneses”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“The realistic joneses”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Great theater, seats are very close together. Sound quality was great. We sat in the orchestra and had a great view of the performance.

Visited May 2014

Odessa, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Oldest theater - not good restroom accessibility”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went to see an 'interesting' play called "The Realistic Joneses." A metaphorical play that I really can't explain. If you need to use the restroom ladies, go to the one downstairs as the one upstairs is one stall and ladies were lined up blocking the people entering the theater.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dianne Z
Bronx, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Beautiful old theater”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Came here recently to see the Realistic Joneses. We were in the balcony and it seemed like it was 1000 feet high though in reality it wasnt. All the seats are good there as its a small theater. Be prepared to climb 10 flights of stairs to get to the balcony area and if you're afraid of heights hold on climbing up and down the stairs to get to your seat as the floor slopes downward as you come away from the middle. The seats also arent very roomy and if you're taller than 5' you wont have much leg room. All in all its a nice theater to see a show in as its a small theater.

Visited April 2014
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Historic theater but uncomfortable ”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The theater is lovely but seats are small so if you are a larger person or sitting next to one, you will be miserable.
I didn't use the restrooms, so no comment.

Piscataway, NJ
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Miserable experience”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I live close to NYC and frequently purchase last minute discounted Broadway tickets at the TKTS Booth. Recently, I purchased 2 partial view tickets to see "A Night With Janis Joplin" for a whopping total charge of $175.00. I have purchased partial view tickets in the past and never had a problem. That was not the case for the show Janis at the Lyceum.

From our seats (C10 and C12), we could only see 20% of the stage FOR THE ENTIRE PERFORMANCE. Those seats should not have been placed for sale AT ANY PRICE. The metal structure on the perimeter of the stage was so obtrusive that the show could not even be viewed, much less enjoyed. Honestly, I doubt that I will ever purchase partial view tickets again and that is a shame, because usually when sitting in partial view seats, the ticket holder may miss a few minutes of the action but is still able to feel a part of and enjoy the show.

After this disappointing experience, I hand wrote and mailed a letter to the Lyceum Manager and requested either a refund or complimentary tickets to the next performance at the Lyceum. I did not hear back from that institution and called the Lyceum. That direct phone number connected me to telecharge and after explaining my experience and the reason for my call, I was told that there was nothing that can be done. Apparently, there are no real "people" employed at the Lyceum to address ticket holder concerns.

Unfortunately, due to this experience I doubt that I will ever buy partial view tickets again and I KNOW I will never give my business to the Lyceum Theatre! $175.00 is a lot of money to waste on a miserable experience.

Visited January 2014