“Unexpectedly Brilliant”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Unexpectedly Brilliant”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Brought my wife as a birthday treat without actually knowing what to expect as it isn't a show we knew much about. At first you think it is some odd Cirque homage with a strange tale wrapped around it about Charlemagne and his son. The first half is brilliant in the way the circus acts and illusions are integrated into the story and become part of the tale.

However, once you move past intermission, and the story takes a sharp turn into darker areas, you suddenly realise that the first act itself was the illusion and that the show has been misleading you all along as to its true nature. I love that it can meld great physical acts with more serious concepts around the sacrifices we make as we become adults.

We truly didn't know what to expect and I highly recommend watching this true gem - it is a joy to watch, moves you to laughter and leaves you with more things to ponder on than your average musical

Rustington, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Pippin a pip”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

What a terrific show. Yes, it is odd. Yes, the second act is just plain weird. It doesn't matter. The staging is astonishing. The performances of the leads exemplary, in particular Patina Miller (Leading Player) and Rachel Bay Jones (Catherine). Also a stunning cameo from Andrea Martin who showed age is no barrier to star quality. The music is lovely, the acrobatics adds an element that makes this production stand out. Highly recommend the show - if you can get a ticket.....

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I didn't think I would like this and I didn't...I loved it! Great show. Wonderful cast, staging, choreography. Better than the original.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank VA S
Brooklyn, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing, amazing, amazing!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I had no idea that I was going to fall in love with this show and its cast. PIPPIN is the best musical I have ever seen. Simply amazing. It's a MUST SEE! I'm going to see it again next week! Lucky me.. ;-)

1 Thank Dvir A
Merrick, New York
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“A cross between broadway and cirque de soleil”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is a very entertaining show with wonderful voices, dancing and acrobatics. It wraps you in incredible performances and astounding acrobatics. The story is fairy tale thin, but the performances more than make up for this. A thoroughly enjoyable broadway quality show.

1 Thank Robert K