“The worst holiday experience of my life”

L & L Travel Enterprises - Day Tours
Ranked #525 of 635 Tours in New York City
Reviewed 5 January 2014

What can you say about this company. Well, that's easy: Whatever you do don't travel with them. You will have one of the worst experiences of your life.

My partner and I spent 8 days of our life with them in October 2013 touring the East Coast of America going into Canada and we will never get those days back.

The rudest guide we have ever experienced, dodgy coaches, far too many miles covered in too short a time, inaccurate commentary and a complete lack of customer service.

They are very good at two things: Separating you from your cash for overpriced excursions which contain ticketed activities that you are unashamedly overcharged for and lying to you about hotels, places and what there is to do.

I strongly recommend you book your tour with another company. If not you'll always regret having anything to do with them.

5  Thank Chaveydown

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Did a 8 days tour of east coast of America. Book through their website if you want to get a good deal as many agents mark up their prices.

This tour is pretty tiring as we need to start the tour between 630am and 7am everyday and we only reach our hotel at 830pm on average. However, you get to cover many areas of the east coast. Though we can't spend a lot of time in each area, this kind of tour is ideal for travellers who find it inconvenient to make your own transport arrangements.

Most importantly, having a good tour guide is very important and depends on your luck. My tour guide called Scott is patient and organised. He is not like other tour guides who leave when members are not there. He ensures everyone is accounted for.

On my first day, my tour guide was Steven as I joined an additional tour from the same company. He is rather impatient with guests' requests.

All in all, it depends on your luck to get a good tour guide but they are multi- lingual and have good knowledge of the cities.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

It is difficult to imagine a more poorly organized 8 day Tour.
It was not just one thing or several but the whole thing.
My wife and I have traveled widely and this tour would be shut down in most Asian countries due to the poor image it would give the tourist industry.
Points to note: Chinese is the first language, English is a limited second (and yes this is a USA / Canada tour were are reviewing). Be an early riser as you are expected to be down at the bus (or it will leave you behind ) by between 0545 and 0630 and most hotels were not organized for wake up calls. Learn to love Chinese food as they only stop at Chinese places and learn to love China towns as these are the primary places you will be put off at to fend for yourself in obtaining food in the evening. Make sure that you carry sufficient food in your carry on pack to keep you going until a lunch stop as you leave the hotel before they can provide breakfast. Be prepared to push the bus as they have a track record of breaking down when going up hills. Bus seats are closer together than I have seen in even the cheap airfare aircraft, which I did not think was possible, probably because the Chinese that make up nearly all of the passengers are smaller than Caucasians. Have a great bladder because public toilets are very few and far between or simply not open in the early hours of the morning when you you get to your first whistle stop on the tour. (you are not permitted to use the one on the bus as that is staff only). We managed, through complaining, to get the one window on our bus that you could see out of, the rest had some form of reflective film on them which had gone opaque over the years. Be prepared to pay more for the tour stops than the normal admission prices as this is part of the staff payment, remember to have their payment for services in cash on you (make sure you read the fine print of the tour before purchase). I will not go into the Airport pickup and drop off disasters as these may turn you off traveling with this company, but I will say you best be able to go with minimal sleep to keep up with the hectic 14 ~ 15 hr daily schedule. You do not have to fear walking around the hotels used as they are nearly all so far away from the city centers that only the staff can find them in fact a lot of time spent traveling is simply getting to and from the cheapest hotel they could book back to the city to start the next days tour. Apart from that the country is beautiful, especially the Canadian side and well worth seeing, I would however recommend you look for a less frantic tour in a real coach with American tour guides, that know where they are going (their TOM Tom did not work outside of the bus and my wife on one occasion had to show the tour guide and driver where their room was in the hotel they had booked us into as they got lost trying to find it, (signage was in English). So have a great day mate and buyer beware.

4  Thank MalMcKiggan
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Me and my partner booked our tour through Best Way Travel which are affiliated with L&L Tour NY. From the moment we arrived it all went downwards, the people assigned to pick us up from the airport was not at the place allocated by the itinerary, the transfer driver kept on using his mobile phone while driving in a highway, did not drop us at the hotel and even worse gave us the worst attitude as we arrived at the hotel after hassling with the agents.
Given the fact that we were unaware of the hotel we were going to stay, we had to lie to the Hong Kong Customs as well as to the American Customs to be able to get through.
We both regret deeply having had contracted this tour with this company.

2  Thank Hoffmannrsnet
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

My family is from Hawaii and we wanted to tour the East Coast for the first time. But there weren't any locally run tours, so United Travel (our agency) sub-contracted with East Coast Holidays (NY) which hires L and L Travel (also NY) to run the tour. I believe the company is run by either Taiwanese or mainland China Chinese, and accordingly they only speak Mandarin or *fractured* English. That's how it is with the people who answered their phones, to Quentin who picked us up at JFK, to June who was our tour guide. That's a real bummer as we speak Cantonese and English. Two other points I must make: first, June told us today that the company has been paying the admission tickets for the attractions we've been seeing. Dad noted that neither United or anyone at L and L told us beforehand about it; we assumed that was included at the time we booked the tour in Hawaii! The price came out to about $200 per adult and it's cheaper for seniors. No personal checks, only cash. June did ask if we had enough for our meals after paying in full and suggested we could borrow or pay a portion if it was too expensive. We were very lucky to have enough cash on hand. Second, apparently L and L only books the cheapest hotels they can find - as evidenced by the fact that our first hotel the Sheraton Edison didn't offer free WiFi and the second the Crowne Plaza had a broken coffee maker in the room - and far removed from any place we were going to see - both hotels above were in New Jersey and there were absolutely *no* attractions or restaurants we patronised there.

Bottom line: L and L Travel may be adequate for Chinese tourists. Not really recommended for non-Chinese, whether you are Hispanic or black or white or Indian-American.

3  Thank Charles_Xavier