“Great location and service”

SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
Ranked #134 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

The location is awesome and attendants were friendly. Room is not that small considering that it is NYC. Great beds and above average breakfast. Had a great experience here. Checkin time could be a bit earlier.

• Stayed: March 2014
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Good Morning Gustavo,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel and enjoyed all that we have to offer. Our check-in time is at 4p, but if you arrive early and we have rooms available we are happy to check you in early. For your future trips feel free to stop by the desk as soon as you get in town and we can get you all squared away. If we do not have a room ready we are happy to store your luggage until it is available.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The hotel is really in a great location...practically inbetween Times Square and the Empire State building. The staff is very friendly and will more than happily advise on you how to get around the area or wherever else you need to go in the city. The rooms are comfortable, neat and look good. The bed was great and they have enough outlets in the room to charge whatever gadget you might need. Traveling for business, that was greatly appreicated.

The bathrooms are nice, and look like they were redone recently. Water pressure in the shower was great and the shower head was high enough to stand under! So many hotels over look this feature!

The breakfast was well portioned and tasted much better than other Marriott hotels I've been too. This is a place i would consider coming back to.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the skyline, there are 19 floors in the building.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello Agor78,

Thank you for your review, and staying with us for your New York City trip. It seems that you found our hotel a good fit for your needs. Thank you for your great review regarding our staff, location, cleanliness, and complimentary breakfast. You bring up a very good point regarding the shower head and pressure, I myself am a taller person and so many times have the frustration of not having the shower be accommodating to my needs. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in two rooms facing the Empire State Building for 4 days. We were originally booked to stay in Two King suites but decided to change one room to a twin queen. The check in was very smooth. However we were originally charged for two kings and later again for the twin. I'm still to receive the refund for the one king that we cancelled. It's two weeks since the cancellation was done.
There are many good restaurants and bars in the immediate. neighbour hood.
The breakfast was quite elaborate but the short on space.
The rooms were modern and fully equipped. However the AC was loud and could disturb you at night. The view of the Empire State Building from our room was memorable.
On the whole a memorable stay.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jaytee62

Good Morning Jaytee,

It is great to hear from you! I remember you staying with us at the hotel and was actually the one who initially checked you and your wife in. I am happy to hear that the room that you changed to with two queen beds worked well for your family's needs. I recall after you checked in to your two initial rooms with King beds you opted to switch to a room with two queen beds.

As your credit card was swiped on the other reservation and checked-in it was authorized for the amount for that other room. Thank you for letting us know that you are still awaiting release of that pending authorization for the extra room you did not need. I will look into it on our end and ensure that it is taken care of right away.

Thank you for staying with us, and please feel free to reach out to me directly for any of your future travel needs.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Location is in the heart of the city so no problem getting to any and all attractions. Restaurants galore all around. I think this is a new hotel or recently redone as it has no signs of wear. Very clean facilities and courteous staff.

Unfortunately, breakfast was a madhouse due to the small, cramped serving area and everyone coming down at once. The staff and kitchen were having a hard time keeping up with demands and food was running out. The server was a bit snappish, but I can't blame her with so much demand and no help. What was left of the food was tasty enough. I grabbed a muffin and banana and hit the road.

Also, the rooms are about average for NYC standards (meaning small) but to call them suites is a bit misleading. There isn't a seperate sitting room, just a separate sitting area with a couch. This works OK for a single guest or a couple that really likes each other. Don't think you'll have a harmonious family vacation in there.

We are Marriott timeshare owners and are very loyal to Marriott so we would stay again if back in the area, but I would say this hotel is merely average.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Good morning Sandar 1972,

Thank you ver much for taking the time to review your recent trip to our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback that we receive so that we can continue to improve our product for our current and future guest's.

I can see that you found things that you liked during your stay, and some others that did not meet your expectations. As you mentioned in your review our complimentary breakfast area is compact, so at time when the hotel is very crowded or busy it can be challenging to find room to sit and relax if you do not arrive early in the breakfast service. We are continuously looking for ways to make our breakfast offerings and experience more enjoyable for our guests, so thank you again for providing specific details in regards to your stay so that we can improve.

Our rooms are listed as studio suites, but as you mentioned are compact. We try to utilize the room that we do have in all areas of the hotel to provide the most options and amenities for our guests. I previously worked for Marriott Vacation Club and frequently traveled in Marriott Timeshare's myself. Being a vacation club owner I can see how New York City style rooms are much different then wat you are used to.

Thank you again for your feedback, and please feel free to contact me directly regarding your next stay with us. I would be happy to assist in making your stay more enjoyable in any way that I can.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here March 16-21 for Spring Break....it was a perfect location for all of our needs... accessible to the subway, Times Square etc. We were on the 17th floor facing the Empire State Building. Great view to return to everyday. Loved the contemporary decor of the hotel. Every member of the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. If you want to utilize the complimentary breakfast, get there early and expect a crowd. The free Wi-Fi was a nice extra as well. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hi Heather 1869,

Thank you for staying with us for your Spring Break trip! I am delighted to see that you very much enjoyed our hotel, and found our property an ideal fit for you. You are very correct in saying that you should arrive to breakfast early if you would like to avoid a crowd, as you can see we do not have an abundance of space so we try to make the most out of what we do have.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Recently stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Midtown Manhattan. There are pros and cons to staying here. The pros are as follows:
-Great location, ideally located in the heart of midtown
-Very courteous and friendly staff
-It's a new property with rooms that are very clean
-Rooms feature a mini fridge and microwave
-Very competitive rates for NYC
That being said, there are many cons to consider before booking a room here:
-The rooms are not really "suites," but rather hotel rooms that feature a very small sitting area with a sofa and desk separated somewhat by a partition
-The rooms are very small and quirky, there's only one tv so it has to be angled in such a way as to be able to see it from the bed
-The decor in the rooms and the hotel overall is a bit "funky" with lots of bright vivid colors and new wave furnishings, very modern, but I found it to be a bit tacky
-The rooms in the back of the hotel have absolutely no view and overlook like what appears to be a construction site.
-The bathrooms at this hotel are tiny. The bathroom I had featured a shower that was practically right on top of the toilet. In addition, there's no vanity in the bathroom, just a basin with a glass shelf that literally hangs over the the sink and the toilet, very awkward, tall people should beware, you may find the bathrooms very difficult to maneuver!

I would not stay at the SpringHill Suites in Midtown Manhattan again nor would I recommend it.
The overall furnishings and the ridiculously small bathrooms were enough to turn me off to this property. There are better places to stay in Manhattan that are similarly priced such as the Hilton Garden Inn on West 35th Street as well as the nearby Marriott Courtyard right near Herald Square.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel have the views
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jamesway
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hello Jamesway,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel for your recent New York City trip. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. As you can see from previous reviews we take all guest feedback very seriously, and pride ourselves in making sure that all our guest’s enjoy their stay. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff service, location, and room features. As you stated the size of our rooms are compact, but we try to maximize the small amount of space that we have. The television mounting on the wall is something we have looked into and are trying to find an alternative so that it is more functional no matter where in the room a guest is sitting. I have shared the rest of your feedback for areas of improvement with other members of our staff and management team, so that we can come up with creative ways to make our hotel more appealing to the different types of travelers we have staying with us.

Please let us know if you decide to try our hotel again, we will be more than happy to ensure your next stay meets your expectations. Thank you again, for letting us know your feedback so that we can improve.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in early February. Would stay here again next time I go back to NYC. Great location, really really friendly staff.

Buffet breakfast is compact but great if you're up early and on the go. Be prepared for the plastic cutlery and plates. You can get take away coffee though.

Room was very clean and modern. Great view of the Empire State from our window. Really comfy beds. Room faced the street but no noise. Room was cleaned every day but I never saw the staff! It was great to be able to sleep in the morning if you wanted to and there were no trolleys rattling in the corridors in the morning or a knock on your door early in the morning for room service.

This hotel doesn't have a bar or somewhere to grab a bite but that didn't bother us. Plus it had FREE Wifi!! That is rare in NYC hotels. Would highly recommend the hotel and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank twentysixfive

Hello twentysixfive,

Thank you for your review from your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff was very friendly and helpful for you during your stay. Our staff is a great asset to our hotel, and is what really can make the difference in choosing a hotel amongst the many options there are in New York City.

I will share your great feedback with our team, and please come and see us again for your next trip to New York City.

Safe Travels,

We appreciate the kind words again and hope to see you again for your next trip.

Safe Travels,