“Nice place, convenient location”

SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
Ranked #145 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We spent 2 nights in NYC with friends. The hotel was conveniently situated and within easy walking distance of the subway and lots of places to eat. It was clean, the front desk staff was very pleasant and we really enjoyed the breakfast. I agree with others that the breakfast area got a bit congested. But we didn't have to wait in any line for too long and since the food was good, I can't complain about the fact that it was a bit busy for a while.
We booked the room shortly before our trip so perhaps with more time, we could've found someplace less expensive but other than that, I have no complaints about the stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maryellen S
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Hi maryellen,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel You are correct that the breakfast are can get congested at times, but we do try to maximize the small space that we have. I'm glad that the quality of the food was enjoyable even if crowded. I do recommend booking your trip further out as rates usually fluctuate based on demand and availability in the city closer to arrival. If you ever need assistance in booking you can always call the hotel and we are happy to help. Thank you again, and we will see you next time!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here recently for her 30th birthday. The hotel was perfect, our room had a view of the Empire State Building and was in an awesome location.
The room was great, loads of space, it had everything you would need including a fantastic bed, much needed after walking all day! Great TV to chill out to with plenty of channels and excellent wifi.

Not the biggest bathroom but big enough, a shower only but great pressure and lots of hot water.

Breakfast was ok and at times the dining area was very busy but not really a problem for us. There's plenty of places around to eat should you wish including a great deli across the street.

Would I stay again, absolutely!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi John,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your special trip for your girlfriend's birthday. I appreciate the great things that you had to say about our hotel and that you found everything that we have to offer perfect for your trip. As you mentioned breakfast can be very busy at times, but there are always other options, whether it be to come down early to beat the crowd or to go to one of the many options in our area. Thank you again, and we do hope you will join us again for your next trip to New York!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The location of this hotel is good,
The reception is good
The design of green and gray lines is good.
The rooms are ok.

But breakfast just till 9am??? Come .... 3 persons that didn't enjoy the included breakfast as it should!

Also New York seems to make a lot of money for taxes cause according to the receipt i have here with me i paid extra :

city tax 13.16
occupancy sales tax 8.96
sales tax other room tax 10.92
visa 3.50

When you make the reservation it states + taxes, but not 3 taxes and visa charge?!

Not good at all.

Room Tip: Just street view, and be aware of the extra extra charges
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sergio C
SpringHillSuitesNYC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Good Afternoon Sergio C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you appreciate the design of the building. It is unique and definitley stands out. As many of our customers have commented, our location is great. So close to everything New York CIty has to offer. I am sorry to hear your frustration with the taxes in the city. New York is definitely unique in how it structures it taxes, and is something we are aware of. I have tested our reservations site as well as other booking sites, and when you actually go in to book your reservation it does show all of the taxes listed. Perhaps if I knew your booking method I would be happy to check that as well.

Breakfast does end at 9:00 AM on weekdays but prior to us closing all of our staff is trained to be aware of business volumes and who may still be eating. I am not sure what time you came down as most guests are still eating around 9:30 AM as the staff begins their breakdown.
Again, I appreciate your review and would be more than happy to discuss it further. Please let me know, as I can be reached at the hotel.

I do hope your trip to the city was fun, and we llok forward to you giving NYC another chance.

Regards

Reviewed 5 May 2014

A group of 4 ladies stayed in the Springhill suites April 23-27,2014 . The room was great and the staff very helpful.

I have to agree with other reviews the breakfast area is congested, but the breakfast is good.

One of our party became I'll on the day we were to checkout and the hotel allowed us to check out late so that she could stay comfortably in the room until we had to leave for the airport. We appreciated this very much!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Hello gmwrdh,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay with you and your 3 friends. I'm sorry that one of the members of your group was ill on the last day of your stay. I am glad that we were able to accomodate you by extending your check-out time later than normal. Thank you for the great 5-star rating, and we hope to see you again next time!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

From the time of check-in to the doorman hailing us a cab after we checked out, everything was perfect. Sherrie, at the front desk, was helpful with any questions we had and always had a smile on her face. She was a great start to our 4 night vacation. Our room was clean and comfortable. Thanks Fiona, our maid. Yummy free breakfast every morning. Coffee maker, mini fridge, and microwave came in handy. I always sleep well in Marriott beds. And absolutely loved the huge shower. The location really can't be beat. Subway close by. Great value. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jersey721
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Jersey721,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your trip to the city. I am glad to hear that a few difference associates positively impacted your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with Sherrise and Fiona, and thanked our entire doorman team for helping you out as well. I am delighted to hear that along with our service the breakfast, room amenities, and location were perfect for your stay. We hope you will join us again for your next trip.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at The Springhill Suites for four nights on a city break in New York. The room was expensive, and small by normal standards, but probably the 'going rate' for New York. It was very clean, well furnished and the staff were helpful and friendly. It is ideally situated in Midtown for exploring Manhattan and the New York sites. It is a short walk from Herlad Square (Macy's, Empire State, Madison Square Gardens) and is near to Grand Central and Penn stations. I would definitely recommend it for a short stay city break in New York.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel, with an uninspiring view of adjacent roof tops. Ask for a ro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Michael,

Thank you for staying with us for your New York City trip. It sound like you and your wife enjoyed your time with us. I am glad that our hotel was fitting for your travel needs, and that you enjoyed the central location to nearby destinations. Thank you for your recommendation and feedback, we will see you next time!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I traveled to NYC with my daughter for her birthday. SpringHill Suites' staff are super friendly, courteous and helpful. Sherrise at the Front Desk was amazing, super nice, professional and very helpful with any questions we had.

The room was nice and roomy, comfortable bed, great shower with plenty of HOT water. TERRIFIC view of the Empire State Building. The breakfast was great--scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, whatever we wanted. They are a couple of blocks to a subway stop that got us all over the city.

As I said earlier we traveled to NYC for my daughter's birthday. They had a gift bag with a few snacks and a birthday card for her. A very nice special touch that made my daughter very happy (and this mama, too!) I highly recommend this property to anyone traveling to the city!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a city view - you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hello Chelley J,

Thank you for the kind words and feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that our staff did a great job for you and your daughter’s stay. Thank you for pointing out Sherrise at our front desk, I have shared your feedback with her and we are both excited that you had such a great time. I hope your daughter enjoyed her birthday here in New York, and will join us again for your next trip. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are planning on staying with us, as I would like to ensure your next stay is as great as this one!

Safe Travels,