“Excellent hotel & brilliant location!!!”

SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
Ranked #152 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel & brilliant location!!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a gem in the city, it's in a great location 37th street go left out hotel onto 5th avenue for all shopping needs & go right out hotel then left your at Macy's on 34th st , go right out hotel and then turn left your then 5 min walk away from time square! The hotel clean, modern and equipped huge tv fridge & coffee maker in room, we paid bit more for view got a great view empire state building again.., only a stones throw away from!

The breakfast is good basic continental but does have bit hot eggs and sausage it's self service but staff continually replacing and bringing food out we found it more then enough good value if it's included in package! Overall we found staff friendly and housekeeping excellent!! Would recommend to anyone staying if you could get a good deal

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jenny p
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hello Jenny,

We appreciate your great review on our hotel! It sounds like you had a great trip to New York and were able to navigate around the local area to many of the highlights that our location has to offer. Thank you for reviewing our breakfast and staff service, as these are two areas that we are continually trying to find ways to improve. I appreciate your recommendation, and hope that you will stay with us again for your next trip to the Big Apple. Thank you again for your time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Checked in early (8:00 AM) with no problems or extra charges, the room was perfect, and the stuff is very helpful. I have only good words - and the location is excellent- near everything. The view from the window is a wall…but if you don't care about the view, I think it is a perfect choice

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank odedb
Hello Odedb,

Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent trip to New York City and your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that we were able to accomodate you with an early check-in when you arrived at 8am. We definitely understand how important it can be to get situated early in the day if possible so that you can go out to take care of any business or pleasure related plans that you have. Thank you for your kind words, and we can't wait to serve you again on your next trip.

Thanks Again,
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My mom and I stayed for one night. All of the staff we met were very friendly. I was impressed with the size of the room. Being NYC, I had very low expectations on size and this exceeded expectations. I have stayed in much smaller rooms in Europe. Actually, I think my room in Chicago last year was smaller too. Anyhoo, location can't be beat. It was a short walk to restaurants, Bryant Park, the theater and Penn Station. Would definitely recommend and will stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your New York City trip. I am happy that you and your mom enjoyed your night at the SpringHill. We always try to exceed our guest’s expectations when it comes to all aspects of the hotel. Thank you again and we appreciate your recommendation and positive feedback.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I booked this hotel based on its location and price as I wanted to be near the subway stations.
I chose the King Suite because of it's space. The photograph on the website showed a bedroom plus a desk area with room for a sofa and small side table. Needless to say, I am severely disappointed. I stayed in room 903 and the desk area had no sofa, like the photograph. And, there was not even a luggage rack which allowed me to open my suitcase! My room was not tidied by housekeeping, even though I was certain I did not put up the "do not disturb" sign (both days I left the hotel at 1pm and coming back to the hotel past 10pm).
On the first night of my stay, I called front office to put me in the bigger room. Because I do not have a working US phone number, I told front desk to keep me informed of the room situation via email, he did not email me at all.
If I had known the room was going to be like a regular guest room, I would have chosen another room category. And probably paid less! USD315 per night for a supposed "suite" seemed too much for a regular room.
The conceirge, Luis was very polite upon my check-out. He also offered the option of a private car for me to take me to Laguardia, which I took. I felt that Luis was the only staff at the hotel that listened to my needs. I will not stay at the Springhill again.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Yankeetraveller79
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Good Afternoon Yankeetraveller79,

First and foremost I would like to apologize for any inconveniences or servie gaps you may have experienced while staying with us. It is always our intention to provide the best services and accommodations to our guests. In regards to your concerns about the rooms, due to our location in the city, our rooms are not a suite in the tradional sense; however, the rooms are larger than comparable hotels in the area and provide suite amenities such as the refrigerator and microwave. As for the sofa, most rooms do have a sofa, but some do not because of the rooms orientation. Typically a room with a view that faces the Empire State Building such as yours, is not suitable for a sofa as the room would not flow properly. Either way, our staff should have made every attempt to take care of your needs and requests.

I will be meeting with my front office staff to share your concerns and ensure that these issues will be addressed for future guests. Likewise, I will be reviewing our housekeeping records to get further details about the servicing of your room and why there wasn't a luggage rack.

I truly appreciate the kind words you have for Luis as he is a true pleasure to work with and an asset to our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with him.

Once again, I apologize for not meeting both yours and my expectations. I thank you for your feedback and choosing to stay with us and we hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.
Naples, Italy
Reviewed 3 June 2014

If you're looking for a convenient hotel, in a central position of Manhattan, you found the right one. It's located very close the many best attraction of NY like Empire state building, Central park and Times square. Right room, ever well clean, good and various breakfast.
Just 2 points about the breakfast room, a bit small and timeframe to have the breakfast a bit short.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Francesco V
Hi Francesco,

Thank you for your review on your stay with us. I see that you enjoyed the convenience of our hotel’s location to some of the major New York City landmarks. I agree that our breakfast area is on the smaller side for the amount of guest’s that we serve. We always recommend that our guest’s try to come down as early as possible in the day to avoid the large crowds. I hope that you will join us again for your next trip to the city, and consider our hotel for your travel needs.

Safe Travels,
Leicesteshire, England
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My family & I stayed here in October last year (only just got round to posting a review)
The hotel was wonderful
The staff (reception, breakfast & room maids) were so attentive, friendly, helpful and just made our stay a trip to remember.
We pre reserved a city view room with 2 queen beds, we asked for a high floor and we got everything we asked for.
What a fantastic view of the Empire State Building.
Fast wifi, great breakfast, lovely room, great bathroom, comfy beds, fantastic location.
Love the place & will definitely stay there again on our return
Thanks

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a city view room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank stuart c
Hello Stuart,

Thank you for your review and kind words on our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, especially since you stayed over one year ago! I am delighted to hear that you found our guest rooms, reception, and breakfast staff to fit your travel needs. I will share your great feedback with our team, and we cannot wait until you visit us again.

Safe Travels,
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We can't forget this short weekend experience in New York City. The hotel location was very convenient, accessible to all New York's attraction. Most of all the staffs were very helpful, polite and pleasant. Thank you Eunice for your help and your team in the front desk , they were all very professional.The room was very neat and clean, all what we needed and requested was provided immediately. We highly recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a place to stay in New City.Keep up the excellent service and we're planning to see you all again.

Room Tip: It really didn't matter to us because the room we were in was just the perfect one for us. Quite...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank VIlma G
Hi Vilma,

Thank you for your great review. I appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel and staff. I have let our team know how appreciative you were of their efforts, and acknowledged Eunice’s great job in assisting you while you were with us. We understand that our staff service is something that sets us apart from all of the other hotels in the city, so we try to continue to keep improving any way that we can. I greatly appreciate your great recommendation, and can’t wait to see you next time!