“Would definitely stay again!”

SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
Ranked #156 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Would definitely stay again!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed staying in this hotel. I am always worried about having to spend so much money at a hotel, especially in NYC because the cost is always so high. This place is PERFECT. I got a pretty good deal on Priceline for the hotel. The staff was friendly. The rooms were clean and look newly renovated. If you go to the roof floor, you have a great view of the Empire State Building. There is a GREAT, free, breakfast every morning. Free wifi. The location is great. It is not far from Times Square. It is a safe neighborhood, I was able to walk around past midnight with no problems at all. The only downside was that parking cost $55 overnight. That is kind of steep but it is NYC and they also do valet park the car for you, so I paid it. Other than that, it was a wonderful place to stay! I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Hi Jessie!

Thank you for the awesome 5-star rating on your trip to New York and stay at our hotel. As you mentioned prices for hotels in New York can get very pricey, especially during busy times. I’m delighted to hear that you were able to get a great deal on your stay with us, and that you enjoyed all that our hotel has to offer. Our hotel was newly built last summer in 2013 so everything is up to date and still new. Parking in New York is definitely tricky, we try to recommended puclic transportation to our guest’s as it is very easy and convenient throughout the city. Our valet parking prices are in line with the surrounding parking garages and hotels, but I do understand that the extra cost for having to park a vehicle can get pricey at times. Thank you again for all of your great feedback and we will see you next time!

Safe Travels,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms modern clean well equipped and a reasonable size. As others have observed the AC is on the noisy side. Breakfast was fine and we never found it crowded as other have reported. Staff professional and friendly. The best aspect of this hotel was its great location which was very central. The area felt very safe.

Stayed August 2014
Hi Ray W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and use it to improve our product for our current and future guests. I apologize that the air conditioner in your room was particularly noisy during your say. If you stay with us again in the future please feel free to let us know anytime you need anything at all as we always have someone on staff that is happy to help. It is very important for our guest's to feel safe during their stay, so I am glad you felt our location and hotel was ideal for your trip to New York. I hope you will stay with us again for your future trips to the Big Apple!

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was so positively surprised by this hotel. For New York, the prices are very reasonable for what you get: the rooms are large, the breakfast great (nice fresh fruit and breads), and the staff friendly and accommodating (everyone we interacted with was wonderful). I loved the the rooms - spacious, clean, well-designed. They also have a nice workout room. I have stayed in MANY NYC hotels and given the price-point, this is one of the better ones. My only "complaint" is with the space allotted for breakfast. It is just too small and crowded given the size of the hotel. They need a bigger space.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hello GroteAppel,

Thank you for pointing out the areas of our hotel you enjoyed during your recent stay with us. It sounds like you are an experienced traveler especially in New York, so your opinion and feedback of our hotel is greatly valued. As you mentioned we offer many different items for breakfast and try to appeal to all of our guest’s with a variety of free options. Our workout room downstairs is much larger than a standard facility at a hotel like ours. I agree with you 100% that the breakfast area is slightly small and can become crowded at times. I always recommend coming down earlier in the breakfast service if possible to beat the crowds, and another good tip is to sit on the outside patio to better relax and get away from any crowds there may be. Thank you again for your great review, and I do hope you will join us for your future trips as well.

Girard, Ohio
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Very satisfied considering the price and location. Be prepared for a small room and a close fit for two, particularly if you are not accustomed to New York hotel rooms. Beds were very comfortable, shower is excellent but bathroom is small. For the ladies, hardly enough room to get ready for an elegant evening. All in all, I was not disappointed, but was not wowed either.

Separate comments for the staff, particularly the front desk. Always went out of their way to solve the problem! Besides the shower, best part of the experience.

Room Tip: WI-FI is free, but you do get solicited for a faster speed at $10 a night extra. Get down early for...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Yieldcrv,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at our hotel in NYC. I’m glad that you were satisfied with the price and location of our hotel for your travel needs. As you mentioned New York City hotel rooms are much smaller than your traditional Marriott hotel room outside of the city. We try to maximize the compact space that we do have, to ensure our guest’s enjoy their room and stay. I thank you for your feedback so that we can use it to improve our product and service for our current and future guest’s.

Safe Travels,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Really good clean modern hotel in a perfect location for exploring NYC. The staff are friendly and really helpful. Our room had an amazing view of the Empire State Building and was clean and pretty big by NYC standards.

Breakfast was poor though but there are so many places to go out for brunch/breakfast, it doesn't really matter.

Great value, functional and well recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Frequentflyerboy,

Good Afternoon, thank you for your review on your experience at our hotel in New York City. It sounds like you had a great time in New York and at our hotel. I’m happy to hear that our staff was very friendly and helpful for all of your travel needs. Our rooms that are facing the front of the building do have great views of the Empire State building, and are also slightly larger than your standard NYC hotel room. Our complimentary breakfast is sometimes a challenge with the small area that we have for service, but as you mentioned there are so many great food and beverage options in our surrounding area your options are limitless. I hope that you will join us again for your next trip to New York.

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 7nights with our 2 kids (14 & 10). Besides the breakfast staff being extremely nice, the rest are questionable. You should never have to ask for toilet paper from housekeeping who failed to replace at all, as well as shampoo more than once, because they did not replenish at all unless we called for more. These are very basic items that are a given in most hotel, especially when you are spending over $300- a night.
The day of check out we asked for 1 hour extra as our flight was in the late afternoon, and we were refused point blank.... After check out while on the plane from JFK to San Diego, we realized that my husband had left my sons samsung tablet in the room. We are 100% sure it was there because it never left the room the whole week. It was left on the desk in the room under his bag that he just picked up to vacate room and did not see it underneath. When we arrived back in San
Diego we immediately called the hotel, which was late at night, and told they could not do anything now, to call either, Nick, Nate or Darcel in the morning and they can help. Well, we called and were told they were busy and would call us back..... Waiting waiting no phone call. So we called again, and 2 more times after and we're still given the run around. My husband finally got really upset and was then put on to Ramon, the person in charge of lost and found, who knew nothing of the situation, told us nothing was handed in, did not even ask our room number to check with the housekeeping person, but said he would call us back. To our surprise he never called. We finally spoke with Gina Nevel who said she would look into the matter and for us to call her back the following day. So we did and were told it was her day off.... Seriously, like she did not know this. In the mean time 2 days have passed and no manager was told of the issue and housekeeping has gotten away with the bonus of a 10yr olds prized possession. It is too late to ever find it. And still management has no idea of the issue as we are unable to talk to anyone.
With a company as big as Marriott you would expect more, yes, granted it was my husbands fault we accept that, but what we do not is the lack of help we received from a company like this...
My question is, are they all thieves..... Lock up your belongings in the safe provided you never know if it was the same housekeeping person....

Room Tip: Lock up your valuables, it may be the last time you see them... The staff is not trust worthy!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Helena M
SpringHillSuitesNYC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Jacqueline C

I am so sorry that your stay was less than what you had expected. I understand the frustration of requesting items and not receiving them. Our housekeeping staff is tops in the city and I will share your comments with them as we usually place extra ammenities in the room when we know our guests are staying for an extended period of time.

I also wanted to apologize for the lack of follow up from my managers. Marriott takes missing items very seriously, and we have had no cases of theft at our hotel. We also do a very in depth checks on all of our staff at the hotel They had investigated it fully and had not found any missing items in the room. They did call back right away but were able to connect with you due to your travel schedule. When they did connect with you, they took your statements seriously and checked with everyone that worked to ensure we were not missing something.

I do apologize for the breakdown in follow up and communication. It is not something that happens here and when it does we take it very seriously. I have spoken with all of my staff and managers . I have also searched myself and reviewed all reports and I am sorry to say we have still no located the missing items. This is definitely not something of the norm as our reviews attest to.

I do appreciate the nice comments about our breakfast team, and that portion of your stay went well. They were pleased to hear you enjoyed their service.

Regards
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband related this story to me about a wonderful act of kindness extended to him by this hotel's breakfast staff. He loves to start his day with a glass of orange juice. One day, there was no orange juice left when he went to breakfast. The staff, Jeffrey, Crystal and Michelle went out of their way to go out and buy some orange juice and delivered it to his room. It is so nice to know that when he is away on business, he stays at a hotel with such wonderful, caring staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Linda H
Nick C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hello Linda,

Thank you for your great review on your stay at our hotel. I am very happy to hear that Jeffrey, Crystal, and Michelle made such a positive impact on your husbands stay at our hotel. Our food and beverage team truly understands the importance of the small details to make an impact on our guest's stay. I will make sure that the staff is recognized for their efforts. Thank you again for your time and review, we hope to have you stay with us again for your next trip.