“Kudos to Michael the doorman”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square
Ranked #103 of 468 Hotels in New York City
“Kudos to Michael the doorman”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I would like to congratulate the hotel on having such an outstanding doorman. Michael has been nothing but absolutely warm, helpful and efficient from the minute we got to the hotel. It was like having our best friend helping us out. We got there on an extremely hot day at noon time, and he make everything really easy for us. He let us know from the beginning that he would be in charge of everything until we got all set up. And he made good on his promise. He took care of our car, he took many heavy and bulky pieces of luggage all the way to our room and made sure we were absolutely comfortable before he left us. He even gave us a mini tutorial explaining all the amenities of the hotel. The whole setting up process was reduced to 5 minutes where he literally took care of EVERYTHING, and he made us feel like royalty.
He did the exact same thing when it was the time for us to leave. Thank you Michael, and good luck!
Cristina and Gerardo from Argentina

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nicholas71, Operations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Cristina G,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Herald Square. I am glad that you both enjoyed your stay, especially with Michael's help. We are so proud to have him on our team and will pass along the compliments to him. We look forward to being your hotel of choice in New York. Thank you for the review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here for one night in July. The location of the hotel is excellent though you have to keep an eye out for the entrance to make sure you find it. It was a short stroll from Macys and there was a sub-way station at the end of the block.
Being in such a central location and experience with some other NY hotels I half expected that soundproofing would be an issue here. Much to my delight there was no noise from the traffic outside.
Check in was very efficient and though my room wasn’t ready when I arrived I was notified when it was ready. The only thing that I would complain about check –in is that the time is 4pm and if you arrive on an international flight you get in a midday which can be a bit off putting to have such a late check in, and this is the reason it lost a start in my overall rating.
I had no issues at all with the room. It was large enough for a NY hotel and very clean. The room as clean modern lines and was superbly decorated. The bathroom was equally as nice. It didn’t have a bath but in that size of a room I much prefer to have a decent size shower that works and this certainly did. It was spacious and had excellent water pressure.
All in all I would very much stay here again for future NY trips

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Nicholas71, Operations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Scoopy_1,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Herald Square. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially your guest room and our location. We will be happy to be your hotel of choice whenever you return to New York. Thank you for the review!
USA
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Loved the location ! Close to everything- pubs, Times Sq, shopping and bus pickup/dropoff. We came up by the GoTo bus and were dropped off only a few blocks from this hotel. Also pickup was only a few blocks away. Nice 2 double beds room, lobby deck overlooking Herald Sq. Quiet. Will definitely stay again. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nicholas71, Operations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear rmcdUSA,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Herald Square. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back whenever you are in New York. Thank you for the review.
Scituate, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had no reservation, I showed up at 1130am. They were fully booked. They hooked me up with a room and I was in it by 1135am. Wow, great service at this Hotel. The staff is top notch. I can't remember the young lady's name that was at the front desk, but she was excellent. Affordable when you compare it to NYC hotel rates overall, it NY, so Everything is expensive.

Room Tip: Higher the better to be quieter... IT NY after all.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Luis F L, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Good morning!

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Herald Square. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially being able to accommodate you without a reservation. We are proud to have all out staff and look forward to having you whenever you return to New York. Thank you for the review.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We come to NYC every year, always staying in a different hotel, looking for "the one". Guess what?? We found it.
The Heralds Square Marriott is the perfect hotel in the perfect location. I am traveling with my 12 year old son, and I picked this hotel based on the Marriott name and the location to the subway entrance. We bought 7 day subway passes, but we haven't used them once. We have easily walked to everything. I feel safe walking to and from the hotel at night.
Macys's is right across the street and the view of the Empire State Building at night from our room is magical.
The Marriott staff have been awesome. I will miss Jessie the night security guard, he is always smiling, gives great directions and seems like such a nice guy. Jose was great also. Our check in clerk Melisa (sorry if I spelled your name wrong), was superb!! I used the computers in the lobby once, and while there since I knew I would be leaving a review I paid attention to the 2 gentleman working the desk Monday. They were curteous and professional to the guests checking in.
Our room was always clean, and the housekeeping staff was wonderful.
We leave in the morning.....and neither of us want to go.

Room Tip: My 12 year old son and I shared a king room with a sofa bed. (Room 909) We enjoyed the 2 windows and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JimsTrophyWife
Nicholas71, Operations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear JimsTrophyWife,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Herald Square. I am so delighted to hear that you and your son enjoyed your stay. Your accolades will be shared with the team, especially Jesse, Jose, and Melisa. We are very excited to be "the one" and can't wait to have you back again. Thank you for the review and we wish you safe travels back home.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Location in very congested part of the city but very central and convenient; subway stop right there. All the staff very nice; had a particularly nice experience w/ Michael the doorman (helped me w/ directions, grabbing a taxi and retrieving luggage). Rooms clean, beds comfy and amazingly quiet. Breakfast varies on what you order, is in comfortable dining area. I loved the coffee and oatmeal. Bathroom small but well stocked and good water pressure. Wish there had been an outlet next to bed to charge cell phone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear stuffedcabbage,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Herald Square. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially with the help of Michael. All of your feedback is much appreciated and will be shared with the team. We look forward to having you back whenever you are in New York. Thank you for the review.
Springfield
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Our stay in this hotel was fantastic. When we first arrived we were greeted by Michael the doorman. He was very friendly and helpful. He was essentially the hotel's concierge. He oriented us to the hotel. The lobby for check-in is actually on the second floor. The rooms appear new and decorated in a contemporary fashion. There is a safe box and a refrigerator in the room. We were on the 11th floor. We still could hear sirens but essentially no street noise. There is a 24 hour snack vendor in the lobby. One can access the rooftop bar through the Monarch Bar. The view from there was decent but not spectacular. This hotel is a short block walk to the Empire State building and only a few blocks away from Times Square. Buy a subway ticket. It's the cheapest way to get around Manhattan. Michael, our doorman, arranged for a car service to LaGuardia for our departure. It was a standard $49 fee. The Lincoln town car was there on time and made our trip to the airport very easy. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely return to this hotel next time.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Anthony T
Dear Anthony T,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Herald Square. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially with the help of Michael. We are proud to have him on the team and look forward to having you whenever you return to New York. Thank you for the review.