Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$174
US$133
  • Pool
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$220
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$278
US$155
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$137
US$449
US$391
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$188
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$219
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$92
  • Breakfast included
US$232
US$171
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe empire state buildingpenn stationrooftop barcourtyard marriottgreat locationnew yorkhotel entrancethe ground floorlobby levelcorner roomstreet noisedefinitely stay here againcity viewcar servicegood sizebryant parkking room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a great hotel in a fantastic location. The staff were welcoming and extremely helpful during our stay and the room was spotless and well appointed. The hotel is very close to the Empire State Building (we had a great view from our room), is directly across the street from Macy's, is near many subway stations and within easy walking distance of Broadway (5min), Times Square (10-15 min) and Central Park (20-30min). We walked everywhere while staying here. If you want to save some money and don't mind walking to the attractions I would highly recommend this great property.

Room Tip: We had a corner room with great views of Macy's and the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicholas71, Operations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear AmberT902,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Herald Square. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially our central location. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I just came back from a 7 night visit for business at this hotel. My office was a stone throw distance away - so this location is fantastic - it is bang in the middle of Midtown manhattan - a quick walk to Times Square and Broadway theatres - for tourists. The room is pretty large by NYC standards. I liked the fact it had a mini fridge. This is a newer room and it had a lot of power outlets for charging all your devices - also the internet connection was pretty fast and stable as I was working all through the weekend. The door men are just awesome - they remember things about you, they will help you out with recommendations and any help that the guests need. They have a starbucks in the lobby which is a big help.

They made my 7 day stay on business very comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Shanker B,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Herald Square. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a successful business trip. We look forward to being your hotel of choice in New York. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I would like to congratulate the hotel on having such an outstanding doorman. Michael has been nothing but absolutely warm, helpful and efficient from the minute we got to the hotel. It was like having our best friend helping us out. We got there on an extremely hot day at noon time, and he make everything really easy for us. He let us know from the beginning that he would be in charge of everything until we got all set up. And he made good on his promise. He took care of our car, he took many heavy and bulky pieces of luggage all the way to our room and made sure we were absolutely comfortable before he left us. He even gave us a mini tutorial explaining all the amenities of the hotel. The whole setting up process was reduced to 5 minutes where he literally took care of EVERYTHING, and he made us feel like royalty.
He did the exact same thing when it was the time for us to leave. Thank you Michael, and good luck!
Cristina and Gerardo from Argentina

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cristina G,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Herald Square. I am glad that you both enjoyed your stay, especially with Michael's help. We are so proud to have him on our team and will pass along the compliments to him. We look forward to being your hotel of choice in New York. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here for one night in July. The location of the hotel is excellent though you have to keep an eye out for the entrance to make sure you find it. It was a short stroll from Macys and there was a sub-way station at the end of the block.
Being in such a central location and experience with some other NY hotels I half expected that soundproofing would be an issue here. Much to my delight there was no noise from the traffic outside.
Check in was very efficient and though my room wasn’t ready when I arrived I was notified when it was ready. The only thing that I would complain about check –in is that the time is 4pm and if you arrive on an international flight you get in a midday which can be a bit off putting to have such a late check in, and this is the reason it lost a start in my overall rating.
I had no issues at all with the room. It was large enough for a NY hotel and very clean. The room as clean modern lines and was superbly decorated. The bathroom was equally as nice. It didn’t have a bath but in that size of a room I much prefer to have a decent size shower that works and this certainly did. It was spacious and had excellent water pressure.
All in all I would very much stay here again for future NY trips

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Nicholas71, Operations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Scoopy_1,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Herald Square. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially your guest room and our location. We will be happy to be your hotel of choice whenever you return to New York. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Loved the location ! Close to everything- pubs, Times Sq, shopping and bus pickup/dropoff. We came up by the GoTo bus and were dropped off only a few blocks from this hotel. Also pickup was only a few blocks away. Nice 2 double beds room, lobby deck overlooking Herald Sq. Quiet. Will definitely stay again. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Nicholas71, Operations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear rmcdUSA,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Herald Square. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back whenever you are in New York. Thank you for the review.