“Thanks Nerai! Food is great and staff was really friendly. Thanks for the Ouzo!”
Review of Nerai

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Madison and Park
Description: NERAI offers a contemporary twist on sophisticated Greek dining in the heart of the city. We feature a vivacious bar, energetic dining rooms and a beguiling private event space. Flavorful seafood focused dishes and extraordinary drinks are stripped down to their simple essence, and then presented beautifully. Our polished service team pays attention to each individual guest, striving to make their experience outstanding. With two floors of dining, we also offer incredible rooms for your private events. Our attention to detail will provide you with impressed guests.
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Great food and close to our favorite hotel - Elysee. Manager was great! Local born and raised on the upper East side. I had the salmon and it was fantastic. Wew were there for lunch. Try the deserts!

1  Thank baltimore_smoove

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

By far the BEST service I ever received whilst in New York! I'm a huge food lover and being Greek, I've had Greek food from almost everywhere..but I have to say from the food to the service to the staff.. It was all amazing!! Definitely can't wait to get back to New York and visit Nerai again! The wine from Greece the waiter recommended was the best white wine I've ever had in my life. I was with a party of 4 and we had various dishes from lobster to lamb chops to fish! Experience was a 10/10!

2  Thank Kyrrie_kleanthous
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My wife and I managed to get a last-minute reservation on a Saturday night and had a wonderful dinner at Nerai. The ambiance is nice and warm, service very attentive and helpful, and the food is excellent. Preparations are appropriately restrained, and they let the quality of the ingredients shine. We enjoyed everything from the start--a first rate focaccia bread with wonderful olives, a roasted beet salad that is the best we've had in a restaurant, a delicious octopus, and a "branzino" (lavraki on the menu) which was perfectly cooked and of the quality you normally get only in Italy or Greece. Our dessert, akin to baklava, was also up to the standards of the rest of the menu. The Assyrtiko white recommended by the sommelier was also a perfect accompaniment to the food, and the liqueur offered at the end on the house was a very nice touch. Our best dining experience in a while, and we'll make sure to come back next time we'll be in NYC.

2  Thank GM_Roma
Reviewed 23 January 2014

What a wonderful oasis in mid-town Manhattan. Great food, great service and great atmosphere. Ask for a table upstairs and you'll be rewarded with a serene space that is quiet enough for a business lunch or dinner. While I was with business associates for lunch, I can imagine dining by candlelight with my honey, too! Grilled fish was perfectly prepared and app of 3 spreads with homemade pita was delicious. Will certainly be back...

1  Thank Cinandran
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great place for a business lunch. Not too loud so you are able to engage in a discussion. Food was excellent. I ordered the grilled octopus which was delicious despite arriving a bit cold. Excellent wine selection and staff not trying to push the most expensive bottle. Loved the minimalist decor!

1  Thank Gretta10024