“Excellent Falafel”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife got the Shawarma plate and I got the Falafel plate and both were excellent. This is a take-away place and we were on our way to hear some music so it worked out great. The line is long but it moves quickly. Not expensive and worth a visit.

1  Thank Har45

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

The first thing that struck me was a LINE to get falafel - they were busy and food was being cranked out on assembly line

We ordered falafel, shawarma and kefta kebab rolls and they were full of flavour and sauce

With sauce dripping down our fingers, full but not satiated we ordered another shawarma and dug in with the hot sauce

I highly recommend this eatery for its food but don't expect any ambience or even standing room - just really great rolls

1  Thank PavanDhingra
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Ever since I was taken to have a Falafel at Mamouns, I have to return whenever I find myself in NYC! They are the best falafel ever! It is a small place with no seating area but definitely worth the experience! If the weather is good, grab one to go and have it in Washington Square park and enjoy the views.

1  Thank MitchLisbon
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I (literally) stumbled across this place after getting hammered with my fiancé at a nearby jazz bar at roughly 3:30am.
The place was empty, all I noticed was the cheap prices on the menu so I bought a felafel wrap.
Expecting the trashy(but tasty) Middle Eastern style kebab wraps that are so common in my hometown of Melbourne, I nearly wept with joy when I tasted this incredible wrap.
The weeping part probably had a fair bit to do with the amount of alcohol I consumed earlier that evening, but you guys get my point: this food is fantastic and criminally cheap. If you don't eat here whilst strolling down MacDougal st, you should consider becoming a smarter person.
Actually, that last bit could have something to do with alcohol also.

I even went back to Mamouns whilst sober, and it was still amazing.

On yeah I nearly forgot: the hot sauce is intense!!! My spice loving fiancé nearly burnt her face off after spraying the stuff inside her wrap. Be warned.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Every time I am in New York, mamouns is my first stop. The falafels are cheap, delivered quickly and are amazingly tasty!