“Cozy on a rainy day. You'll think your'e in Paris”
Review of Le Gigot

Le Gigot
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Gigot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,411 of 13,689 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$45
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: West 4th Street
Transit: A, B, C, D, E, F & V trains to West 4th Street.
Description: Serving Provencal cuisine. Purity of ingredients and simplicity of preparation distinguish our specialties. Seasonal dishes are always introduced. A petite zinc bar, banquettes and floral arrangements foster a warm cozy ambiance, and an attentive staff ensures a customers' comfort and satisfaction.
Key West, Florida
“Cozy on a rainy day. You'll think your'e in Paris”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've been in NYC forever yet this is the first time I've eaten at Le Gigot. Quiet, cozy, wonderful food, I could have sworn we were in Paris. I recommend this little spot on Cornelia Street in the West Village.

• Visited April 2014

Fort Worth, Texas
“An Island”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Le Gigot is my favorite place in NYC. It is unpretentious, warm and inviting on lovely Cornelia Street in the West Village. I was introduced to the restaurant by some friends who live in the Village and have been going to this special place for many years, last year. Since then I have had dinner there 5 times. Each experience was as good as the one before. The interior intimate and the staff will remember you. If you want a place for great traditional French food and engaging conversation with your guests, this is your place.

Visited March 2014
Collingswood, New Jersey
“Good small French resto in W Village”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I read very good reviews of LeGigot on Yelp and had tried to get to this place on the last few trips to the city. Finally this past weekend my wife and I had the opportunity to have a later dinner than our 5-6 PM "dinner with children" time. We split frisee salad, cod, bouillabaisse, risotto and broccoli soup. We both loved the soup and risotto but the other dishes were ok to good. The place is very small but we arrived as some of the other diners were finishing and by the time we left there were just a few couples remaining. Service was friendly. I'm not that big of a French food aficionado, but this place was good though probably not 4 stars good (3.5 at most for me).

• Visited March 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
“"Very good but not excellent”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We picked this restaurant because of its Zagat rating for best french bistrot in NYC.
While the place has a great bistrot ambiance and the staff is very friendly and good I think the food was very good but not excellent as anticipated.
I had a cassoulet which would be fantastic for someone who never had cassoulet, but got to say "I make a better one" and I am not a professional cook.
My wife had a boeuf bourguignon and I believe they used almost the same base sauce for the cassoulet and the boeuf bourguignon and then added different meat, beans etc.
If you never had decent french food then you will mesmerized by the food, but if you have a palate well trained for french food, it will not be your best french meal.

• Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“Not what it used to be.”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Honestly, I am so embarrassed for my choice of a restaurant in front of my friends because I blindly relied on my dining experience here from 1998.
I guess back then, the place tried harder and was more driven to prove itself than today.
The difficulty of booking a table for six should have been my clue. Ignoring the lack of effort from the staff to sit my party, I pressed on.
Eventually, two people dropped off and we were "lucky" to get a table.
Can't say anything bad about the level of service. Friendly, helpful, watchful and reserved.
Food is the main reason for selecting Le Gigot and it was a lackluster. It wasn't bad. It was just middle of the road - ordinary. This place turned out much more memorable dishes back then.
What saved the evening was the company.
Very unfortunate. I really had fond memories of this place.

• Visited January 2014