“Best place in NYC!”

Viceroy Central Park New York
Ranked #241 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I just stayed in The Viceroy NYC and the service was great, the Marc Murphy restaurant's Kingside is amazing.
All the tecnology into the room, the bed was great.....I paid for a garden view and was the best for us, is very quiet...the perfect place for shopping, evrything is so close!
The service is excellent, keep this way.
I will be back.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
GDenneny, General Manager at Viceroy Central Park New York, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Esteban.

We were pleased that you chose to stay at the recently opened Viceroy New York on your recent visit to the City .

I note your positive comments about our partner Restaurant Kingside , our location on 57th street , and the technology, Viceroy Connect in the room .

In addition for the benefit of trip advisor readers I should mention that we also offer complimentary Wi-Fi , Illy Espresso Coffee machines in every room, and a Beats by Dr Dre Speaker which delivers fantastic sound quality.

Delivering quality service is at the cornerstone of what we aim to achieve every day and I hope that when you return your experience will be the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,475)

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The Viceroy was the best hotel I ever stayed at everyone from the manager to the employee at the pool area were super nice an helpful with my stay they made my stay so much better I will stay there everytime I go back to New York

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Kelvin2508,

Thank you so much for your kind review following your recent stay at the newly opened Viceroy New York.

I am so pleased that our team was successful in making you feel at home in New York City , I will certainly share your positive comments with them.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor readers.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Checked in at 1am with my family. There was a problem with the connecting doors between the rooms. They offered me a complementary upgrade which is very nice of them. It's a new boutique hotel for the viceroy chain. Their single king bedrooms are a bit tight; I would recommend a joiner suite. The staff are super friendly from the manager to the lowest ranked staff. They even sent me a congratulation note the day Dubai won the EXPO2020.

Defiantly this won't be my last visit and the location is superb!

The concierge has great connections with restaurant owners around the city!.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Essa S

Dear Essa S,

We were delighted to read your review and I am pleased that you were happy with the service that we provided you when you visited the recently opened Viceroy New York..

I was pleased that our team were able to resolve the issues that you had on arrival with your room and I was delighted to hear of the thoughtful recognition that a member of our team sent to you when Dubai was awarded Expo2020.

Thank you once again for the kind review that you have shared with Trip Advisor readers , we do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Generally speaking the hotel is excellent. However it loses one or two marks as a result of being newly opened and having teething problems (reflected in the very good rate I paid). I had a small issue with my TV one evening, the pool was empty one evening and the roof bar is not open yet - I was not informed of this prior to reserving/check in. That said, I am sure the hotel will solve all these problems quickly - the TV was fixed overnight and the pool was back in use the next day!

Staff and service in general were superb. Location excellent. Free Wi-Fi, free bottled water (which is not cheap in NY), brilliant Illy coffee machine in room (which was re-stocked) are all nice touches. That said my room was small (250Sq feet - normal for NY!) and dark but very well designed and laid out. I liked the vibe of the hotel and the bar/restaurant but it was constantly busy which can be a pain sometimes when traveling on business.

Would definitely stay again if given the chance but I don't the rates will stay so low for too long... this hotel is sure to be popular.

Dear BVICal,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the recently opened Viceroy New York.

I apologize that the relaxation pool was closed for essential maintenance and that you had an issue with your TV.

I note that you enjoyed our location in Midtown on 57th street and I appreciate that you mentioned that you found our colleagues to be 'superb'. I will certainly pass on your comments to them .

You also describe the many amenities that we have in our rooms that our guests enjoy like the Illy Coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi, and the complimentary bottled water that we provide on arrival and at turndown. These are all amenities that regular travelers appreciate having.

Kingside offers a great option for our guests to entertain clients or friends amidst a great atmosphere that is reflective of the buzz that New York City generates.

We thank you once again for your kind review and we hope that you will consider us again on a future visit to the City.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I live a bi-coastal business life living 2 weeks in LA and 2 weeks in NYC every month. I've spent ALOT of time in hotels around NYC... from my previously preferred W hotel on Lexington, through to many boutique hotels like the Standard, through to the chains like the Hilton and Marriott.... After trying out the Viceroy, i have to say, i will only stay here from now on! Why? Firstly, the staff are the most personable and accommodating people ive met. They make you feel at home away from home. No matter whether im checking in or going for a work out in their awesome gym, you're always greeted with a smile and a hello. Secondly, if you're into gadgets, you'll enjoy the technology in the rooms - Great "Beats" By Dre bluetooth speakers and TV controlled by android make it a great experience. Thirdly, Kingside restaurant is one of the best places to chill out with great food and great wine. Again, the staff are amazing! So, If you want a home away from home - whether it be for business or vacation - and get treated like a pretty special person, then this is the ONLY place to stay when in NYC.

Dear Jamieson,

As a regular traveler to NYC we are delighted that you have found your new home.

Our colleagues will be thrilled to hear your comments about their hospitality skills and I will certainly share them .

As you mention our rooms provide wonderful complimentary amenities including Complimentary Wi-Fi, Illy Espresso Coffee machines and a Beats by Dr Dre speaker.We are delighted that you recognized these in your review so that other travelers considering a hotel in Manhattan can make an informed choice about a great place to stay when next visiting the City .

We also offer complimentary bottled water on arrival as well as turndown to all our guests.

Kingside our restaurant partner provide Restaurant quality meals in the comfort of your room or in the restaurant. It is also a great place to enjoy dinner or a beer with a friend or a work colleague.

We are pleased that you will be returning in the future, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I travel for business about once a month, primarily on the west coast and found myself in NYC last week like a fish out of water. Fortunately for me, I was staying at the new Viceroy New York. The staff is generous and went over and above to make me feel welcome, comfortable and at home. The accommodations met all my expectations for a new property - they had just enough of the shiny and new including technology (free Wi-Fi...finally!) and the coolest in-room coffee maker I've ever seen, but are still cozy and unpretentious. The location is superb and the onsite restaurant Kingside is just a bonus. I happened to spot a certain rocker during my mid-week lunch, so keep your eyes open if you enjoy a little celeb spotting. All in all, I would highly recommend to anyone and expect this to quickly become the new hot spot in the coming months.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if you are traveling with guests for some extra space.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GDenneny, General Manager at Viceroy Central Park New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear FRQTFLR,

Thank you for taking the time to write your overwhelmingly positive review about our newly opened Hotel, Viceroy New York .

Your comments about our team and the Room Amenities are particularly welcomed and we will certainly pass them on .

We are delighted that you enjoyed the vibe of the Hotel and our partner Restaurant , Kingside which has become one of the Hot spots to visit in the City for many people.

Once again, thank you for your sincere and honest review , we do look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Ok so I first discovered this hotel group staying at The Zetta in San Francisco several times this summer so I was curious to check out their new digs in NYC. I travel for a living, I spend most of my time in hotels but finding a place in NYC is a crap shot. Ive done the W, The Standard, The Gansevoort etc but the thing is I'm NOT a 'wanna be' I'm already somebody and I want a hotel that acknowledges that without being pretentious. I want a comfortable, calm environment, a professional setting, peace and quiet, to be treated with respect, I don't wanna leave the hotel to find coffee, I don't wanna get ripped off paying for wifi and this hotel has everything i want. Insulated windows, amazing sound system, comfortable bed, great linens and towels, espresso machine in the room, high thread count sheets, a bar/restaurant just off the lobby, HDTV/Cable, great attentive staff AND a gym and pool in the basement. Its [almost] better than home. Perfect location. Any business trip to NYC can be a pain but going back to this Hotel at the end of the day, getting a good nights sleep and waking refreshed really makes a difference. Ill be back.

5  Thank PaulCartwright

Dear Paulcartwright,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the newly opened Viceroy New York.

I am delighted that you as a frequent traveler recognize the many amenities that the Hotel has to offer including Complimentary wifi for all our guests. We also have Illy Coffee machines in all our rooms for those guests looking for a quality cup of coffee in the morning in the comfort of their room.

As you mention we also have a fully equipped Gym with Technogym equipment and a relaxation pool for those of our guests who wish to maintain their exercise regime.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future and I will certainly pass your great comments on to our hardworking team.