“Paper thin walls”

Viceroy Central Park New York
Ranked #205 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Amazing interiors - the wood joinery, the brass plated lamps and cabinet hardware, the tan leather upholstery and wool felt curtains ... Are all really cool, and on a snowing December Saturday, it feels comfortable to be here. Only thing is, I'm watching tv - and even above the loud voices of House Wives of Atlanta - I can hear what's going on in the two rooms either side of me. Talking on top of Nene Leaks, was the voice of a Chinese woman coming through my wall, with a twenty five minute conversation with her bank. On the otherside, the deep mumble mumble of a man, through the poorly insulated doors (I'm in what could b adjoining rooms). Sounds trivial; but SO annoying, especially when one's trying to enjoy a little bravo tv. That aside, a beautiful property, nice food, and attentive service.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Ben J
GDenneny, General Manager at Viceroy Central Park New York, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Ben J ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the newly opened Viceroy New York.

I am pleased that you were happy with so many elements of our rooms design and about the 'attentive service' that you received.

I note your comments about the noise insulation between the rooms , rest assured that this is something that we are addressing.

We do hope that you will consider Viceroy New York on a future visit to the City.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Absolutely the best location, hotel and staff. My wife and I and our 4 year old loved this place. Great service, very friendly and helpful front staff... thank you to Genie, Ruby, Jarvis and everyone else that made our stay a very happy and memorable one. Love that the hotel is new and everything was clean and spotless. We picked up our morning cappuccino and chocolate croissant at the front bar and had a couple of meals at the hotel's restaurant called Kingside.... service was excellent and the food was delicious. Can't wait to go back to the Viceroy and NYC.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Frankiediamondo,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Viceroy New York .

I and the team were delighted to read your comments and to read that you enjoyed your stay so much.

I will certainly pass your comments on to the individuals that you have commended in your review .

We look forward to welcoming you back to Viceroy New York in the future,

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Viceroy over a long weekend. Having travelled to New York before, we thought we'd try a different hotel.

As you'd expect being new the hotel was in immaculate condition, and whilst the rooms are not huge they are more than adequately sized. The restaurant/bar attached is fine, though as alluded to by other reviewers it does get busy in the evenings. Fortunately the location is ideal for easily reaching other bars or restaurants.

The staff in the hotel are welcoming and friendly. The doormen and concierges in particular deserve special mention, no request was too small for them to give their full attention too.

We would not hesitate to return to the hotel, and can recommend whole heartedly.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Christianw859,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Viceroy New York .

As a recently opened property the team and I were delighted that you enjoyed your time and the service that you received. I will certainly pass your comments on to them.

As you mention our location on 57th street makes for great shopping and sightseeing.

Thank you for sharing your comments with other Trip Advisor readers looking for a Hotel to stay in New York City .

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Staying at this hotel at present on a business trip. I agree with what others have said about the enthusiastic service ethic. Sadly my room is rather small and the soundproofing could be improved: I could hear every word of what was being said in the next room. I asked to be moved but this was not possible.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
GDenneny, General Manager at Viceroy Central Park New York, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear PDSK13,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Viceroy New York .

We were very pleased to read your kind comments about the 'enthusiastic' service that you received , I will certainly pass your comments on to the team.

I note your comments about the sound proofing and rest assured that this is something that we are addressing.

I do hope that you will consider Viceroy New York on a future visit to the City.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I just stayed in The Viceroy NYC and the service was great, the Marc Murphy restaurant's Kingside is amazing.
All the tecnology into the room, the bed was great.....I paid for a garden view and was the best for us, is very quiet...the perfect place for shopping, evrything is so close!
The service is excellent, keep this way.
I will be back.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Esteban.

We were pleased that you chose to stay at the recently opened Viceroy New York on your recent visit to the City .

I note your positive comments about our partner Restaurant Kingside , our location on 57th street , and the technology, Viceroy Connect in the room .

In addition for the benefit of trip advisor readers I should mention that we also offer complimentary Wi-Fi , Illy Espresso Coffee machines in every room, and a Beats by Dr Dre Speaker which delivers fantastic sound quality.

Delivering quality service is at the cornerstone of what we aim to achieve every day and I hope that when you return your experience will be the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The Viceroy was the best hotel I ever stayed at everyone from the manager to the employee at the pool area were super nice an helpful with my stay they made my stay so much better I will stay there everytime I go back to New York

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Kelvin2508,

Thank you so much for your kind review following your recent stay at the newly opened Viceroy New York.

I am so pleased that our team was successful in making you feel at home in New York City , I will certainly share your positive comments with them.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor readers.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Checked in at 1am with my family. There was a problem with the connecting doors between the rooms. They offered me a complementary upgrade which is very nice of them. It's a new boutique hotel for the viceroy chain. Their single king bedrooms are a bit tight; I would recommend a joiner suite. The staff are super friendly from the manager to the lowest ranked staff. They even sent me a congratulation note the day Dubai won the EXPO2020.

Defiantly this won't be my last visit and the location is superb!

The concierge has great connections with restaurant owners around the city!.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Essa S

Dear Essa S,

We were delighted to read your review and I am pleased that you were happy with the service that we provided you when you visited the recently opened Viceroy New York..

I was pleased that our team were able to resolve the issues that you had on arrival with your room and I was delighted to hear of the thoughtful recognition that a member of our team sent to you when Dubai was awarded Expo2020.

Thank you once again for the kind review that you have shared with Trip Advisor readers , we do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.