“Beautiful views”

Viceroy Central Park New York
Ranked #205 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed at the Viceroy during our recent holiday trip to NYC. The hotel had been given great marks by most reviews I had read...and we weren't disappointed!! Great views, state of the art appointed rooms and a wonderful restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013
GDenneny, General Manager at Viceroy Central Park New York, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear M41257,

We were delighted to read your Trip Advisor Review .

I am pleased that you and your daughter enjoyed the views from Viceroy New York .

We have wonderful views of Central Park from 19th floor and above city views on other floors.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your experience at Kingside Restaurant.

I hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Location says it all. We never took a cab on this NY trip - from the theatre to Rockefeller Center it all was an easy walk with great shopping everywhere. The service and hotel staff were so helpful and the breakfasts in the restaurant were outstanding. The room was well equipped but lacked good lighting and storage areas. The bed was extremely comfortable with luxury linens. A great NY find.

• Stayed: December 2013
GDenneny, General Manager at Viceroy Central Park New York, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Kathleen H ,

Thank you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Viceroy New York.

Your review is of great assistance to other travelers visiting the city and looking for a great place to stay.

Your review headline of 'Location Location Location' is a great message to those who may not know New York City but wish to visit and see the sights within easy distance of their hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the service offered both in the Hotel and at our partner restaurant Kingside,

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Viceroy New York in the future,

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed solo in a standard room on an early Dec business trip (conference at the Hilton). TINY room. I don't generally care about room size, but this was so compact as to be truly uncomfortable. Two people really couldn't have stayed in this room. Closet held two skirts and one dress - and was crowded at that. No place for small suitcase. Toilet and (surprisingly roomy) shower in alcove with sliding door and sink in hallway. Awkward. Pet bathroom peeves - rainfall shower head - no real water pressure to get soap out of long hair and to make it worse, toiletry shelf attached to wall beneath shower head necessitating a back end over shelf to get properly underneath flow of water! Also no bench to rest a leg on to shave .... That said, staff was warm and accommodating (although doorman/valet simply looked at me as I drove up with no move whatsoever to help - and no identification on his coat to indicate an association with the hotel. When I did get his attention and handed him my key fob I wasn't sure if I would ever see the car again!). Restaurant was excellent and handled our large group well. Final point - please, please eliminate or change the scent. It is unbelievably strong and permeates the lobby, hallways and even the rooms. In fact it clung to my coat for several days after I left. I have stayed in most of the other Viceroy locations and never experienced this before and it was so distasteful I would seriously not return for that reason alone. While this all sounds critical, I really just mean it to be informative. Some items - room size - are what they are - and perhaps different classes of rooms are better. Others can be fixed and would enhance the experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MBKNJ

Dear MBKNJ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Viceroy New York .

As a frequent traveler we value your opinions. I am pleased that you found our team to be 'warm and accommodating' and I will certainly follow up in terms of the attentiveness of the doormen to the arrival experience.

I hear your comments regarding our scent and I am sorry to hear that it was not to your liking. I would say however that the reaction to our scent has been overwhelmingly positive.

I note your comments on room size, of course we have many different room types on offer, some of the other room sizes may be more suitable for you .

Once again I thank you for your candid comments and I thank you for choosing Viceroy New York on your visit to New York City.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Amazing interiors - the wood joinery, the brass plated lamps and cabinet hardware, the tan leather upholstery and wool felt curtains ... Are all really cool, and on a snowing December Saturday, it feels comfortable to be here. Only thing is, I'm watching tv - and even above the loud voices of House Wives of Atlanta - I can hear what's going on in the two rooms either side of me. Talking on top of Nene Leaks, was the voice of a Chinese woman coming through my wall, with a twenty five minute conversation with her bank. On the otherside, the deep mumble mumble of a man, through the poorly insulated doors (I'm in what could b adjoining rooms). Sounds trivial; but SO annoying, especially when one's trying to enjoy a little bravo tv. That aside, a beautiful property, nice food, and attentive service.

1  Thank Ben J

Dear Ben J ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the newly opened Viceroy New York.

I am pleased that you were happy with so many elements of our rooms design and about the 'attentive service' that you received.

I note your comments about the noise insulation between the rooms , rest assured that this is something that we are addressing.

We do hope that you will consider Viceroy New York on a future visit to the City.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Absolutely the best location, hotel and staff. My wife and I and our 4 year old loved this place. Great service, very friendly and helpful front staff... thank you to Genie, Ruby, Jarvis and everyone else that made our stay a very happy and memorable one. Love that the hotel is new and everything was clean and spotless. We picked up our morning cappuccino and chocolate croissant at the front bar and had a couple of meals at the hotel's restaurant called Kingside.... service was excellent and the food was delicious. Can't wait to go back to the Viceroy and NYC.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Frankiediamondo,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Viceroy New York .

I and the team were delighted to read your comments and to read that you enjoyed your stay so much.

I will certainly pass your comments on to the individuals that you have commended in your review .

We look forward to welcoming you back to Viceroy New York in the future,

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Viceroy over a long weekend. Having travelled to New York before, we thought we'd try a different hotel.

As you'd expect being new the hotel was in immaculate condition, and whilst the rooms are not huge they are more than adequately sized. The restaurant/bar attached is fine, though as alluded to by other reviewers it does get busy in the evenings. Fortunately the location is ideal for easily reaching other bars or restaurants.

The staff in the hotel are welcoming and friendly. The doormen and concierges in particular deserve special mention, no request was too small for them to give their full attention too.

We would not hesitate to return to the hotel, and can recommend whole heartedly.

Dear Christianw859,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Viceroy New York .

As a recently opened property the team and I were delighted that you enjoyed your time and the service that you received. I will certainly pass your comments on to them.

As you mention our location on 57th street makes for great shopping and sightseeing.

Thank you for sharing your comments with other Trip Advisor readers looking for a Hotel to stay in New York City .

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Staying at this hotel at present on a business trip. I agree with what others have said about the enthusiastic service ethic. Sadly my room is rather small and the soundproofing could be improved: I could hear every word of what was being said in the next room. I asked to be moved but this was not possible.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
GDenneny, General Manager at Viceroy Central Park New York, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear PDSK13,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Viceroy New York .

We were very pleased to read your kind comments about the 'enthusiastic' service that you received , I will certainly pass your comments on to the team.

I note your comments about the sound proofing and rest assured that this is something that we are addressing.

I do hope that you will consider Viceroy New York on a future visit to the City.