“Bad”
Review of AGAVE

AGAVE
Reserve with OpenTable
AGAVE is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,708 of 13,619 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: 10th St. and Charles St.
Transit: 1, 9 Christopher Street
Bradenton, Florida
“Bad”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Bad service. We took a gamble on this place because from walking by, the food looked good. It was busy and the hostess tried to sit us way back in the dark dining room at a totally cramped table. We said we'd like to wait for a table closer to the front where there was more light. So we waited at the bar for a table to open up. I ordered a different kind of margarita that tasted like a barbeque potato chip. Smokey tasting alcohol with the rim dusted with, um, bbq salt or something. My husband got the regular margarita. I asked the bartender to give me a margarita and he replaced the bbq one that he talked me into getting. He complied, but there's even something strange about the regular margarita; it also seemed kind of smokey flavored. Not good, especially for $12. Finally we were seated at a table closer to the front of the restaurant. We waited and waited. And waited. My husband asked the bus guy if he could get our server but no one ever showed up. Fortunately we had paid for our drinks at the bar so after waiting too long, we left. There's plenty of other restaurants to go to in NYC. I hate writing a review like this when we didn't get to eat the food, but it's a review for the margaritas and the service.

Visited May 2014

Vienna, Virginia
“Amazing short ribs”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We came here on a saturday night, and YES it was busy. BUT so worth it. I got the short ribs infused in a red wine sauce and gnocche noodles. There was nothing left in my plate. It was a little chilly so bring a jacket. I should of known this knowing the area. I would like to visit this place n the future.

New York City, New York
“Cinco De Mayo Might Be Over, But There's Always Time For Agave”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was actually there for Cinco De Drinko Mayo, which sounds like an anxiety attack. But, surprisingly, once you get past the bar (which on any other day I'm sure is much more tame and civilized), and toward the back dining areas, you'll step into dimly lit, cavernous rooms. I was really pleased that with all the craziness around us, the room was relaxed and the service was attentive.

To start, I ordered the Acapulco Spice (house made jalapeño infused tequila, cointreau, fresh lime juice, jalapeños). I'm a spicy margarita enthusiast, and I really enjoyed this one. Great kick and not too sweet, which, I find, is the perfect combination if you're trying to avoid a hangover.

You can read my full review with photos at http://sprungonfood.com/2014/05/07/agave

• Visited May 2014
Bronx, New York
“Great place for a group dinner”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have been to Agave twice, once for a birthday dinner with a large group and this past weekend for brunch. I am torn. I absolutely loved this place for dinner, but for brunch not so much. They have a bottomless brunch special for $27.95. If you are a drinker its totally worth it. They keep coming around to refill your glass so its really never empty, but the food was just ok, nothing to write home about. Dinner on the other hand, was fantastic. Food was great, drinks and apps were great too, plus they put us in a separate little room so we were secluded. The service is always great here. So I will be back again for dinner, not so much brunch.

• Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Great time!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Nice atmosphere, friendly bartenders and hosts, GREAT TEQUILA DRINKS...had some appetizers at the bar that were delicious. Will go back for dinner. Try It!

• Visited March 2014