“Great ice cream, really great”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cones

Cones
Ranked #126 of 441 Dessert in New York City
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: West Village
Los Angeles, California
“Great ice cream, really great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

Fell in by accident after dinner at AOC down the street. The white chocolate was unlike any I have ever had, as was the dulce de leche with chips. They have sorbet, they have unique but not bizarre flavors, (well, maybe the flavor made with Johnnie Walker Black is a little over the top).

Go here, and check out the cannolis at Rocco's up the street.

• Visited September 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Variety of good icecreams!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

we accidently stepped into this place as we were exploring the greenwich village. but what a pleasant surprise it was. alot of their flavors taste yemmy! but my fav was tiramisu and pistachio ! if your in the neighborhood! do try it !

• Visited September 2012
New Jersey
“Top notch ice cream, original flavors.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

I had a two scoop cup of dark chocolate and mascarpone. They had a good body to them and were very flavorful. They were pretty busy, which is always a good sign. I'd go back.

• Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Feels so good it might be a sin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

It was hot and my wife was shopping on Bleecker. I was bored. Bored and hot. As she went to look at something of no interest to me, I saw Cones across the street, mocking me with its air conditioning and promise of frozen confections and slipped inside.

I ordered a cone of tutti frutti mascarpone ice cream and felt like I had just been entrusted with the eternal secret to happiness. As I walked down Bleecker and ate my ice cream, I couldn't believe the sheer number of people who were smiling but not eating this ice cream. They only thought they knew happiness.

As my wife reappropriated the cone, we found ourselves back in Cones within minutes, ordering another and sampling the various flavors.

Corn ice cream? It's surprisingly good.

Jack Daniels Ice Cream? The only ice cream that costs $1 to sample and double the price to buy, you can tell it is made with premium ingredients (i.e., whiskey). The only problem is that, unlike cooked sauces containing spirits, the alcohol is not burned off in the process.

We got drunk on ice cream.

We're going back. I'm surprised we left.

• Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“Best ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Nothing else beats it in the city. It's pricey and cash-only, but totally worth it. It's fun to try some of the unique flavors such as corn and pumpkin but the classics are delicious as well. My favorite is the pistachio. Pear sorbet is great and refreshing on a hot summer day.

• Visited May 2012