“Perfect dining experience”
Review of Gotham Bar & Grill

Gotham Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Gotham Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$60 - US$150
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: 5th Ave + University Place
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R,W,Q to Union Square. Gotham is 2 blocks south on 12th Street. F,M to 14th Street. Gotham is 1 avenue east and 2 blocks south. 1,2,3 to 14th Street. Gotham is 2 avenues east and 2 blocks south.
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This place is really great, service is flawless.
Food is outstanding, great wine list.
At the bar you can have a drink.
Not much else to say, this is a very very good restaurant, just go, one of the best meals in NYC!

Very good value for money.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I first went there when I moved to NY in 1988 and returned in 2013 when my daughter started attending NYU. The food is still impeccable and the service is excellent. While other celebrity restauranteurs have opened multiple themed restaurants, Mr. Portale has still only one great restaurant in the city. He is actually able to oversee dishes leaving the kitchen instead of relying on others to insure that his quality and taste are of the highest standards. You will not be disappointed if you make a reservation.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Gotham Bar and Grill has been around a very long time with good reason. They may have the best sea bass on the planet; but this time I had Bouillabaisse, which too was wonderful. Our other pork entree was equally outstanding. We had delicious risotto to start. The only not great dish was the carrot salad. Not only was only average but at $ 19.00 you can do much better for starters.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with friends yesterday May 18th, we were first seated at a table that wasn't to our liking but when we asked to have it changed the reservation lady was extremely helpful and offered us two other choices of tables. She was sincere about making us comfortable.

The gentleman who was taking our order was pleasant and kept the smiley face. Perhaps a smiley face to most customers is not as important but I consider myself hosted in restaurants and I wouldn't want my host to have a frowned or even a serious face.

My friends and I tried all fish dishes in the menu, the bass, the cod, the tuna... They were all delicious.

We have enjoyed our evening and thought of posting this as a thank you note to the management & staff at Gotham.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Nice atmosphere and very good food. But not the greatest we ever had. Interesting to eat here because of the atmosphere, and the food is very good. Just not the best of the best. It is expensive, so be prepared.

1  Thank Katerina S