“Wonderful dinner”
Review of Sosa Borella - CLOSED

Sosa Borella
Price range: US$25 - US$80
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 50th Street
Transit: c and e train at 50th street 1 train at 50th street n and r train at 49th street
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We had reservations on Open Table at 10:15pm after seeing a show on a Monday night. We were the only ones in the restaurant, and our first thought was that we would be rushed through dinner so they could get home, but they were very welcoming and did not rush us at all. We enjoyed a bottle of wine, had wonderful bread with olive oil, split a caesar salad (very good dressing), had entrees (steak and fish--both delicious), and tiramisu for dessert. The atmosphere was nice--candles, good lighting, music in the background--and we had great service. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We had a large party at Sosa Borella and they put us upstairs where we almost had a private room. The service and food was excellent and we had a great time there. They took good care of us.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We had dinner at Sosa after a show. We had a fantastic meal with great service.
The waiter was attentive without being pushy and was very very nice. I had the beet salad and my husband had the mussels. The salad was a nice size and the dressing was wonderful. The sauce that the mussels were in was so good I could have drank it with a spoon.
For dinner I ordered the fettuccini with Bolognese and he ordered the strip steak with fries. The steak was cooked to perfection and the fries were seasoned with garlic, they were so delicious. The fettuccini was a good size portion and the Bolognese was very good.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant and hope to go back and visit.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was our second visit. My adult son and I had just come from a Museum (MOMA) and had not made a reservation. it was maybe 7pm on a Friday. We lucked out, they had room for two.

I had the special (home made ravioli) and my son a 3 meat grilled item. Service was speedy, helpful and so forth. We even had desert - which we usually don't have.

It is not inexpensive, but it is worth it. It is also not forbidding.

If in the area, i'd give it a try.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This was a great meal, in a delightful restaurant. Low noise level, pretty room, delicious food. Very convenient to the theater. Not inexpensive, but worth it. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank ozart8116