“Pretend You Are in Paris...”
Review of Raoul's

Raoul's
Reserve with OpenTable
Raoul's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #642 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$21 - US$45
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Cross street: between Sullivan and Thompson Sts.
Transit: N or R to Prince St. C or E to Spring St.
Reviewed 1 April 2014

If you enjoy a real French bistro experience, you will love Raoul's. It is crowded with a pleasant noisy buzz. The walls are filled with an eclectic selection of posters, paintings and interesting objects. We waited for a short time at the bar---great people-watching. It is clearly a neighborhood favorite. Menu was typical bistro with many selections--delicious steak frites and salmon dishes suited us perfectly. Nice, well-priced wine list. And, of course, creme brûlée as a finale. Raoul's checked all the boxes for a fun evening in SoHo.

1  Thank Julianne G

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is a fantastic neighborhood restaurant even though it's located in the middle of sometimes touristy Soho. I was traveling alone, ate at the bar and enjoyed the bar steak au poivre along with a well-made Vesper and some lovely French wine. Ended up splitting some food with others at the bar who shared a great steak tartar. Very friendly bartender and staff. I waited about 2 minutes for a place at the bar - very accommodating. I'm sure that I was the only person in the restaurant who lived outside a 2-3 block radius. Just what I was looking for.

1  Thank Rance C
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Great choice if you are in the Soho neighborhood although it is a busy restaurant and you will need reservations. The place is quite cramped and noisy but has a friendly atmosphere. The oysters were fresh and delicious. I like the pear salad...the slices of sweet chilled pears gave a delightful contrast to the chopped greens. The skate was well executed. It is a simple dish but can be quite tricky if not fresh and handled properly. I had the fig cake which was very delicious but quite heavy. The dishes were straightforward but done well. Service was attentive and friendly.

1  Thank OrpheusTexas
Reviewed 15 March 2014

A popular restaurant - reservations a must.
Cozy crowded place with good service. We had a delicious salad frisée, duck, and house favorite steak a poivre. The only so-so dish was cauliflower au gratin - don't order.

1  Thank TigerFord7571
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Every time I walk through the door at Raoul's into the crowded bar, I remember why I enjoy eating here so much. I love the ambience, the service, the drinks and the food. Raoul's delivers every time and it is just the type of place to settle in and enjoy a wonderful evening in New York. We went late for dinner this time so only ordered a few appetizers; oysters were delicious as was the grilled octopus and french green beans. Delicious desert; pot de chocolat. I have also enjoyed the fish here as well as delicious Risotto. Good wine list and this time we drank the French 75.....wonderful!!! I can't wait to go back!!!

1  Thank Liz B