“Fabulous chicken”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I read some reviews online of this restaurant and apparently they changed locations. It is still in the Village but now on 7th Ave South. I think it is right around the corner from the old spot. In any event, I didn't realize ahead of time that they are a cash only establishment but luckily I wasn't paying. I had the chicken and plain waffle. The chicken was FABULOUS. It was fried perfectly. The waffle was ok but I'm not really a waffle person. My friends raved over the sweet potato waffle. We also ordered the wings for appetizers but got the bbq sauce on the side. In hindsight, I wish we'd gotten it on the chicken because it was the best darn bbq sauce I've had in a LONG time. Finally I had a pink lemonade mojito. Normally I'm not a mojito type of person but the lady at the next table had one and it looked soooo refreshing that I had to try it. It was FABULOUS!

The decor is nice. It's really quaint. The music was great although a bit too loud for my liking.

The menu isn't extensive but wasn't expensive. I really enjoyed my food but I would probably explore and try something different the next time I'm in NY.

Reviewed 16 December 2009

We arrived here on the 4th day of our trip to New York and found it in a nice leafy area of the city. On entering we sat down and were given a menu and a glass of water. I didnt like the feel of the place and was about to go elsewhere but my wife was not for leaving. I stayed. I had read rave reviews that it was the best breakfast in NY and all that stuff, hence the reason why I went. I had the breakfast well I had to try the food and it was OK . She had the pecan pancakes and said they were amazing, so she was happy and I wasnt to pleased but the food was OK the service was average and the price was reasonable.

Reviewed 2 September 2008

Food was ok. Decor sucks. Wouldn't go again.

Reviewed 4 March 2008

Good soul food. Had many a brunch there.

Reviewed 28 January 2008