“Great Neighborhood spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Noho Star

Noho Star
Reserve with OpenTable
Noho Star is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,299 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
New York City, New York
“Great Neighborhood spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I've been stopping in at the Noho Star for 25 years. Back then it was a little trendier--always fun to see Lauren Hutton and other "stars." On the other hand, it's not as crowded any more and the staff is friendlier. Chicken with Lime and Coriander is fantastic-it's only on the lunch menu now but they'll make it at dinner. They have homemade ginger ale and other slightly odd soft drinks that are always great. It's not terribly romantic but other than that it's great for any occasion. Come for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

Visited June 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very good lunch. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped for lunch and had been there a few years back and wasn't disappointed again. Great wings as normal - love them. Had a Caesar salad also - and this was very good too. Great place.

Washington, D.C.
“Great Brunch Spot in Soho”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Noho Star was a great brunch spot in Soho--reasonably priced for New York. As a southerner, it was nice to find some grits in the Big Apple!. Outdoor seating is pleasant on a nice day.

Schellsburg, Pennsylvania
“Good First Impression”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

First time at this restaurant. We walked up and 4 of us got seated right away. Greeted by a very pleasant waitress, that could answer our questions without a pause. The food was well prepared with a beautiful presentation. Tasty and well seasoned and priced right. We finished with a chocolate Sunday, that we all shared.

Toronto, Canada
“Bottom feeding in NYC”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Was in NYC for a weekend and friends insisted on going to the NOVO STAR. We had to take the subway to get there as traffic was was in full gridlock in the mid east side so I thought to myself we are in for a treat if we have to go so far to get to a restaurant. What a dump when we exited the subway I was in shock. Looks like a run down greasy spoon restaurant from the street that has not had a reno in 30 years. Inside was just a little better so we sat down and I tried to forget about ambience. Next the menue. Almost every dish on the menu was made with or had in it pork save for the one fish dish and one chicken dish. My friends that brought me there were embarrassed as they know I dont eat pork and were also surprised that the menu had been totally changed in apparantly the last 6 months that they had not been there. As well the prices on the menu were off the chart. I mean this place looks like a Mom and Pop diner and that is being generous. There were 4 of us and I wound up ordering a salad consisting of chopped water cress and pomegranate seeds which looked like the only half decent salad there. It was disgusting when it arrived just drenched in vinegar. Took one bight and that was it for me for dinner. My friends ordered the chicken and it was a boiled breast with mashed potatoes that looked just as bad as my salad. My friends that took me there were very apologetic and they admitted that the food had gone downhill and that the place was not what it use to be. There are so many fabulous restaurants in NYC why anyone would choose this place is beyond me. Maybe once upon a time it was something special but to day it looks and tastes like a has been place out of the 60s. As for this place " Forget about it"