“Give it a miss”

Cuisines: Diner, Italian, Seafood
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Reviewed 8 September 2009

Went there after 9 pm on a Sunday night. Small crowd mostly seated off the sidewalk. Ordered the spaghetti meatballs and have to say it's one of the worst examples I've ever tasted. I've had better marinara sauce out of a jar or in plane food. My friend had gnocchi and another friend had a prosciutto pizza. The gnocchi was in a heavy cream sauce that killed the dish. On the upside, the pizza was very good, and the only reason I'm not giving this restaurant 1/5 stars. I think if you stick to the pizza this place might be decent. Also, the wine list is decent and not too overpriced.

Funnily enough, when the waiter came to take our post-dinner orders, he asked how the food was. I responded, "terrible", and he just kept on with his spiel as if our response didn't matter. Very rude.

They only take cash as well.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 12 May 2008

Beef carpaccio, tomato and basil bruschetta, clam soup, goat cheese pizza with spicy olive oil all very fresh and well-prepared. This is a must go to restaurant!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 7 October 2007

We discovered this moderately priced Italian eatery on a walk through Soho's crowded shopping district on Spring Street. Brick oven, thin crust pizzas were excellent. Pasta and salads were also good. Lunch for four $80 including tax and tip, CASH ONLY accepted. One downside: the wait in line for the unisex bathroom which could have used more frequent cleaning.

Reviewed 12 October 2005

My husband & I have been here a few times and always very good food, & very good service. The tiramisu is the best I've had.

Reviewed 15 December 2004

This place was awesome. Nice and cozy, great atmosphere... very inviting. The service was great, the prices were reasonable. It was our first time in NYC and the best restaurant we ate in!