“Taste of Europe”
Review of Markt

Markt
Reserve with OpenTable
Markt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,126 of 14,311 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 21st Street
Transit: The F, V and PATH at 23rd Street.
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and very relaxed atmosphere. Waffle was "the lightest waffle ever", eggs florentine were great, potato pancake with onions fabulous, and croque Monsieur / Madam were very authentic. We were there on one of the first beautiful spring days and the doors were open which was lovely.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My wife and I ate on a Saturday evening on a recent trip to NYC. The draft beer selections were limited but all very good. The food was outstanding. My wife had the skate and gave me a taste. Very succulent. I had the mussels in cream sauce with garlic, and it was also great. Service was excellent (thanks Molly). The noise level was high, but did not impede conversation.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Had a nice lunch here. Staff were prompt and attentive. The mac n cheese was off the charts. We will be back.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

My teenage son and I stopped by for brunch on our way to a shopping adventure in Soho. What a great way to start our day. Delicious French press coffee. Perfectly poached eggs Benedict with perfect hollandaise. My son said the waffle was light and delicious. The only slight negative was the potato was a bit too crispy. Otherwise, great and will become a regular breakfast location for us when we are in NYC.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I've been here a number of times and am always pleased. The seafood is always fresh and well flavored and I'm obsessed with the meatballs. It has such a relaxed vibe and an extensive beer list. I love this place.