“I just wanted a drink...”
Review of Fedora Restaurant

Fedora Restaurant
Ranked #2,071 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: West Village
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I just wanted a drink...”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I am very familiar with the esoteric code of “swank” that comes along with certain NYC establishments: the aloof hostess; the indifferent wait-staff; the Studio 54-ish clientele filter. That’s fine, and so long as 30 something windfall types invest in urban establishments, it will always exist…..but I just wanted to have a drink…maybe even…(shutter to think)..a few. When you walk into this “hip-joint” it looks like you want to have a drink….because there is a bar….where you drink? I was immediately informed by the freezing, automaton of a hostess that “there are bar reservations”, and asked “would I be eating?” “No, do I have to eat?” I replied, reeling from the infinite awkwardness. “While we don’t force people to eat, if you’d like to look at a menu I can offer you one.” While I waited for Rod Serling and a spinning vertigo-wheel to swish through the bar - I politely exited.

The bartenders in Fedora happen to be accommodating, fun, and down-right fantastic. I would rethink that whole “eat-or-die theme night”, however.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank nynewyorker1976

Milan, Italy
“great atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Fedora was a great surprire in NY, we just walked in and was so lucky to find a table. We had great oysters, and both had fish place (salmon and Tuna), just delicious. The service was excellent too.

• Visited November 2013
New Castle, New Hampshire
“Drinks are great food is lacking.”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We ate here on a Monday night and had the place to our selves, the drink are great, the Black Squirrel is my favorite, the wine and wine list though are sub par and the food is quite average. I had the ribs which where greasy and the meat was lacking. Do yourself a favor have a cocktail here and head up to Extra Virgin for dinner.

• Visited September 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We heard that one of the chef was from Montréal, so decided to go and try this place. It's been there since 1917. The name of the place was the first name of the owner, who opened the place. We had a great meal , the service was really, really nice with a big smile, wich is rare in New-York!!! The interior is very nice and well decorated.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 876Jeff
“Hip drinks, good food”
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Very hip and trendy place. More importantly, they do great cocktails. We also shared three plates between three of us and we were delighted by the quality of the cheffing. Great balance on the oysters, carpaccio, etc.

Spend some of your night here.

• Visited June 2013