“Amazing food and service!”
Review of Fedora Restaurant

Fedora Restaurant
Ranked #1,986 of 14,719 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I recently visited for an evening meal and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The food was unbelievable and wine that the waitor suggested was perfect. The only thing I could say was a minor negative was that it was a bit loud. I'm not sure if it was the music being too loud so people were talking above it, or whether it was just the people being loud in general. Other than that we could not fault the place.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

So yeah, this is the kinda place you come to for the crowd and the cocktails (which, as I already mentioned, are *stellar*). If you come frequently enough, you'll start seeing the same folks over and over, which really isn't a bad thing - it just points out that this is a bit of a neighborhood-y place.

If the prices were, oh, 30% lower, I'd be here all the time...

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Third time here. Third time I left thinking “what a wonderful place”. A great place to eat or drink with friends or a date. Service is great, the food’s fresh and tasty, a nice wine selection and it won’t break the bank. I will be back for a fourth time without a doubt.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We had an hour to kill before a show at Smalls at 745 on a Friday night. The staff at Fedora we’re outstanding - friendly and understanding - they found us a corner to stand and the bartender made us feel welcome and special. Came back after he show and we were greeted like family. Love this place. Food was terrific and good drinks menu. Will be back!!!

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Recommended this place by a friend I visited for one of their ‘amazing cocktails’.

Got seated at the bar between two lots of diners and felt squeezed in (as they were eating) and was shocked that cocktails were $15-$19. I ordered a Maragrita for $17.

I spent time using the rest room, I was on my phone, but when I saw the Barman that had taken my order taking another order I looked down the bar to se if perhaps someone else was making my drink; unfortunately they were not.

We clocked eye contact and as a human being I know when someone has forgotten something. I watched him whilst pretending to be on my phone and he made my cocktail in less that 30 seconds. Literally: no lie.

It was the most bitter cocktail I’ve tasted and Alfred two sips (never judge on first taste) I had to ask him to taste it. He blamed the bitterness on one of the ingredients (he was busy tending to others) and he put more pineapple juice in my drink to sweeten it. After every sip I could still not ignore the bitter bitter after taste. Much like this place has left, enough for me to write my first review in a many years.

Just to add insult to injury? I put $20 down and no change was given for my $17 hashed and rushed ‘drink’. I might be British but I know how to tip and I would have left the $3 but to not give me the chance to tip? Not good.

On my experience I’d say avoid, avoid, avoid and go somewhere where you’re welcomed, valued and treated with some respect and not forgotten (twice).