“Yumm”

Ranked #809 of 13,552 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Astor Place and East 4th Street
Transit: 6 train to Astor Place, N,R train to 8th Street.
Ridgewood,NJ
“Yumm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Birthday dinner for myself & husband. Started with an amazing cocktail called Calamansi (?) -wow. It was lime juice , mint, vodka and watermelon ice cubes - so refreshing . Appetizer was wild mushrooms and toasted brussel sprout leaves with homemade ricotta on a brioche - we split it and it was scrumptious. Definitely too large to eat alone.
salad was fresh and organic butter lettuce . Our main meal was the special Butter Fish which had citrusy millet stuffed inside. I love this type of taste. Hubby had a wild salmon dish that was wrapped in a crepe and then in a flaky crust ( sounded heavy but was light and not overcooked).
Great meal !

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank DrMaureenE

• Korean first
“Great service, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I went to the Mid-town Butter in the theater district, after a Wednesday matinee play. It was part of a birthday gift for me.
Well, this meal we ordered was the happy completion of a very special day. This is Alex Guarnachelli's beautiful place. I'm so sorry she wasn't there that evening, I'm a big fan of hers and Food Network.
We were efficiently served by Jeremiah, who was very informative regarding the menu and specials of the evening. We ordered the shrimp appetizers, the Halibut entree, the artichoke side and those fabulous Beignets for desert. Every dish was so flavorful and satisfying. We definitely go back soon. What a wonderful evening in this beautiful place.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Carolynor
Sydney
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were so excited to try Butter, a group of 6 of us made a reservation turned Up and were impressed at first.

However the trouble started when we ordered and we told the waiter that one of our guests had an allergy. He would not help us at all. He said they could not amend any of the menu dishes and our guest basically had to have a salad because they would not do anything for her.

The service was terrible, and the food only average for the price. Trust me go elsewhere this place is old and over!!!

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank SydneyAussieT
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Very nice restaurant and service was very good. I was disappointed with my steak as I ordered it medium and it came out well done. I was quite hungry so just went at it. Drinks, appetizer and desert were good. My husband had the duck and it was perfectly cooked and very good.

Visited March 2014
IL
“Food was great; awful service ruined our meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We (group of 7) went to Butter this past Sunday for the first time. Our waitress was completely void of personality and was not attentive at all. They were serving a 3-course meal, of which we all chose all 3 courses at once. First course came out timely, second course took a little longer, no problems. After that it went downhill.

Dirty plates were removed sporadically, some sitting for awhile. We sat there for over 30 minutes before another waiter noticed us and went to talk to our waitress. She NEVER came to our table during that time even though she walked by us and stood at the servers station immediately behind my chair numerous times. The Manager finally came over and told us their internet connection went down and he was just notified of it. How does nobody realize food isn't coming out of the kitchen for over 30 minutes? He said he would comp our drinks. Even after that the other waiter was the one who delivered our desserts, not our waitress. She was the one who delivered our check however and gave us the one without any deductions. Needless to say, another talk to the manager rectified that.

They need some serious work on their wait staff. It ruined our experience there.

Visited June 2014