“Really Tasty Brunch”
Review of Jane

Jane
Reserve with OpenTable
Jane is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #546 of 14,586 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Between Thompson Street and La Guardia Place
Transit: 1, 2 to Houston B, D, F, M, 6 to Broadway/Lafayette A, C, E to Spring Street or West 4th Street.
Description: Jane is a casual American bistro located between Greenwich Village and Soho. Since April 2001, neighborhood regulars and destination diners alike flock to Jane for its value-priced brunch, lunch and dinner menus. Jane also serves as an ideal location for private events, from business dinners to baby showers.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We went for Sunday brunch, waited only 15 minutes after our reservation time (pretty good for NYC) and had a very tasty meal. We loved that cocktails came with our meal (after noon on Sunday), the bloody mary was very tasty. The breakfast corn dogs and the eggs benedict variations were delicious. Service was pleasant and attentive enough. It's a crowded funky space so you have to be in the mood for that, but the food was well prepared and we'd go back. The lunch menu looked pretty tasty too.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Too hungry to search further when we found Jane. Glad we stopped. We were seated right away at 7:30 on Tuesday night despite the restaurant seeming to be fairly busy. Friend was delighted with her burger. I ordered sides of veggies, which were great. Friendly and fast service. $52 for two including tip (no booze). I spied a cool, large room downstairs that would be an optimal venue for private events.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We had reservations at Norma's but when we called to see if we could add my sister and her husband, they said that they had no reservation. To say that they were rude would be an understatement. My daughter had her heart set on a delicious brunch for her birthday.
Her boyfriend was able to secure a reservation. Amidst crying and disappointment, we finally made it to Jane. They were so incredibly accommodating and sweet! They even gave us biscuits (unbelievably yummy!) on the house because we had to wait a bit and because we had had such a bad experience with Norma's. The choices were unique and tantalizing! I had the Benedict Johnny with an amazing sausage atop a grit cake topped with a scrumptious tomato hollandaise sauce. It came with the best potatoes I have ever had! The rest of us ordered steak and eggs on a macaroni-cheese croquette which was fantastic, and chicken and waffles. They even brought us ice cream and cookies to make up for the wait (which, as I said, was not even long....and we didn't mind since we had booked it last minute!) I will definitely return OFTEN! The hostesses and waiter were delightful! I love this place! Norma's: move over...Jane coming through!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Opens relatively early for brunch (10 AM), reservations mandatory. The place filled up within 15 minutes after opening. Great food and service. I can highly recommend the Benedict Johnny. Then you can walk off your brunch in SoHo poking around in the galleries and chic stores.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I live in New Jersey, and drove over an hour this morning to go to this place for brunch.

First, I put my name on the 45 minute waiting list and decided to grab a bellini at the bar. Just as I was about to sit the hostess came up to me and my friend and tried to get us to give up our seats for some man who had come in after us. We politely said were going to eat at the bar instead, since we already had seats we wouldn't have to wait. Agitated that we didn't want to give up our seats she blurted out "well, then you figure it out with him!" And pointed at him. The man came up to us confused and said "I didn't even ask to sit at the bar?". I don't know what the hostesses problem was today, but PLEASE be polite to your customers. How rude?!!!! What kind of service was that? I was embarrassed because there was people just staring at me from her being so aggressive. I was modified and confused.

Second, it took me 15 minutes to order two bellinis. Why the wait? I understand its a busy Sunday afternoon, but I counted only 10 seats at the bar. It shouldn't take that long to order a drink.

Third, be aware of the menu. I ordered the lobster benny (and it was hands down amaaaazing!!! Look at the pics I posted) and it automatically comes with another free bellini. Wasn't until i got my check that I saw i had been TRIPLE charged! I told my waiter and he quickly fixed it, but I'm not sure it was an accident? I don't know.....

My check total was $135 and the food was so worth it! Listen, its not about the money, its about the lack of service I'm writing about. The food was fresh and delicious, but unfortunately i wouldn't go back because of that extremely rude hostess. She just made me feel totally uncomfortable!!