“Will definitely return on my next trip!”
Review of Jane

Reserve with OpenTable
Jane is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #535 of 14,429 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Between Thompson Street and La Guardia Place
Transit: 1, 2 to Houston B, D, F, M, 6 to Broadway/Lafayette A, C, E to Spring Street or West 4th Street.
Description: Jane is a casual American bistro located between Greenwich Village and Soho. Since April 2001, neighborhood regulars and destination diners alike flock to Jane for its value-priced brunch, lunch and dinner menus. Jane also serves as an ideal location for private events, from business dinners to baby showers.
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I ate brunch here with my mother on a recent girls weekend to NYC. I discovered Jane through reviews on Trip Advisor & other web sites while looking for a great brunch spot near SoHo so we could do some shopping after our meal. We loved our meal at Jane and will definitely return next time we visit NYC. I had the farm house popover, which was delicious. However, my mother's meal of the Benedict Johnny stole the show. The grits were amazing, the poached eggs cooked perfectly and the tomato hollandaise sauce the perfect touch. The bread basket served before the meal had an amazing whole wheat bread with currants which we really enjoyed with the strawberry butter spread served with the bread. We also ordered biscuits and jam to start our meal and the strawberry jam was amazing, with huge chunks of fresh strawberries. This restaurant is now on my "musts" list each time I return to NYC.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great service. Cherry Blossoms in vases. Delicious fries.
I was there on my own and they didnt mind me taking up a whole table

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had dinner with a couple whom we have not seen since Oct. 2013. They asked us to choose a restaurant in the So Ho area. This is my fourth time here. I had the Bouillabaisse entree and we shared several appetizers. The sea food for my entree was very fresh and delicious. For dessert, I ordered the frozen s'more. Delightful ! My friends were very happy with this restaurant. Prices are very reasonable in Manhattan. You have to try out their exotic soft drinks or the Bourbon
Saturday special. I am going back for brunch in the future. Our waitress is very nice and courteous so she and the team deserved a nice tip.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Had heard great things about Jane so we made a Friday lunch reservation while visiting NYC. Slllloooooowwww service and wasn't worth the trip or price for a mediocre lunch. The crabcake sandwich (special) was a little mushy for my liking. Pork belly sandwich was a little too greasy and fatty (no pun intended). Kids had burgers which they liked. Fries were good. Just left me with an 'eh' feeling which i was not expecting having read all the good reviews... Maybe they're just relying on reputation or i should have gone for brunch?

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Went on a Sunday morning for brunch
took reservations and were seated very quickly
All food was very good and came fast
Restaurant was busy and lively
Servers are very attentive
Good selection of different foods on menu

Definitely a place I would eat at again

1  Thank surfmaster