“Great mix of Peruvian and Chinese!”

Flor De Mayo Restaurant
Ranked #1,831 of 14,378 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Came here looking for a good ceviche and boy did we find it! Additionally fried plantains, fried rice, great chorizo and shrimp. Prices were very affordable and the place was packed (but very little wait) even into late in the night. The staff was very courteous and nice, overall a very good experience (and delicious flan was the icing on the cake).

1  Thank vcalventi

Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Im a foodie and I was really impressed the service here but the food was Darn Good! I can't wait to return.

1  Thank natlove007
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Love, love, love Peruvian food. Therefore, my judgement and taste might not be similar to others...We went to Rosa de Mayo located 484 Amsterdam Ave. for lunch.
I order the "lomo salteado with fried rice", my husband had the saturday special: Stew goat with arroz verde (green rice). Both servings were huge. Summary of the meal: it was midnight and husband was still talking about lunch at Flor de Mayo.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

My sister and me entered the restaurant without knowing much about it. We read the menu and decided to try the pollo a la brasa a Peruvian special chicken and were surprised to taste such a tasty tender chicken. After a day we came again. Nice atmosphere good service and best chicken we ever had.

1  Thank Miki M
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I arrived early on a Wednesday evening to meet my son with my grands and the girlfriend for his birthday dinner. I chose this restaurant because of the location and the simplicity of the menu. My grandson is 5 and not a fan of food. Everyone ate, even my grandson I started with a lovely cocktail, the nutcracker - one of my favorites

The portions are large and delicious!

Hmm the Peruvian chicken, chicken with broccoli, pork chops, and salads. I must try their fish next time.