“Still Very Good!”

Price range: US$0 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 7 May 2013

When visiting relatives in NYC this restaurant is only a few blocks away, and a must do for us. We were just here for this years' visit. The restaurant is still as good as it was last year. The half chicken and rice dish is still my favorite and still at a great low price especially for NYC. They give you a choice of either yellow spanish rice or fried rice - I get the fried rice which is very good. Service is prompt. It does get loud because it is busy and popular. Even so, we've never had to wait long for a table. If you are in the area, give it a try.

1  Thank BigDubya

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Came here looking for a good ceviche and boy did we find it! Additionally fried plantains, fried rice, great chorizo and shrimp. Prices were very affordable and the place was packed (but very little wait) even into late in the night. The staff was very courteous and nice, overall a very good experience (and delicious flan was the icing on the cake).

1  Thank vcalventi
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Im a foodie and I was really impressed the service here but the food was Darn Good! I can't wait to return.

1  Thank natlove007
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Love, love, love Peruvian food. Therefore, my judgement and taste might not be similar to others...We went to Rosa de Mayo located 484 Amsterdam Ave. for lunch.
I order the "lomo salteado with fried rice", my husband had the saturday special: Stew goat with arroz verde (green rice). Both servings were huge. Summary of the meal: it was midnight and husband was still talking about lunch at Flor de Mayo.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

My sister and me entered the restaurant without knowing much about it. We read the menu and decided to try the pollo a la brasa a Peruvian special chicken and were surprised to taste such a tasty tender chicken. After a day we came again. Nice atmosphere good service and best chicken we ever had.

1  Thank Miki M