“Average and overpriced brunch ”
Review of Sarabeth's West

Sarabeth's West
Reserve with OpenTable
Sarabeth's West is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #650 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Between 80th and 81st Streets
Transit: 1 train to 79th Street, B (weekdays only) and C trains to 81st Street.
Description: “Not just for Brunch.” "Not for many, many years now..." comments Frank Bruni of the New York Times about our wonderful dinner menu. Join us for an evening meal and reverse your thinking - Sarabeth's for Dinner.Not just for Brunch.” "Not for many, many years now..." comments Frank Bruni of the New York Times about our wonderful dinner menu. Join us for an evening meal and reverse your thinking - Sarabeth's for Dinner. Check out our Menus Here (http://www.sarabethswest.com/breakfast_lunch.html)
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I had high hopes for Sunday brunch at Sarabeth's. I had eaten dinner there some time ago and had enjoyed it. I was therefore disappointed that brunch did not measure up to the earlier experience. The scrambled eggs with a muffin were not particularly well seasoned or tasty, theyvwere rather dry, and the dish (which was supposed to be accompanied by preserves which never showed up) was certainly not worth the price tag of $17. Altogether, my friend and I paid $ 88 for two egg dishes, coffee and 2 mimosas, which was not reasonable - nor was the experience worth it.

There are newer reviews for Sarabeth's West

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We ducked in for an early dinner on a rainy evening. Our server was incredibly friendly, warm and welcoming, charming without being obsequious. I've forgotten her name, but she's the lovely girl pictured on the website. The three piece jazz trio played perfectly ambient, enjoyable music that wasn't too loud. Everyone truly enjoyed their food, from the lamb shanks to the shrimp risotto to my adult grilled cheese with the best tomato soup of my life. The tomato soup is actually what brought us all in. Too bad my companions didn't order their own, because they kept eating mine!

1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Lamb shank was flavorful with excellent polenta--a generous portion. Filet mignon was over cooked but still tender. Shrimp risotto was very good. We were impressed by the waitress' skill at being attentive yet not hovering. Hazelnut tart with cherry ice cream was very good. White sangria was potent. Outdoor seating available.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The food was really tasty! I had the smoked salmon, cream cheese scrambled eggs. The only thing that could've improved this dish was if it was half the portion size and less cream cheese was used. I have found that American food is generally quite rich and the portions are really large. Very different to what I am accustomed to in SA. Its an experience nonetheless! :)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was so mad I had to wait a week and a half before writing this. I live right around the corner from Sarabeths, and wanted to take a friend visiting from out of town for a nice brunch, where we might be able to sit outside and enjoy the day. Much to my surprise, and despite the long line, I was told that our wait would only be 25 minutes. After about AN HOUR, I went in to see what the new ETA would be. They said there was one table of 4 before us (we had 3 people) and that we were next. Fifteen minutes later, that table of 4 was called, so we knew we were the next ones. A table for 4 opened up outside, which was exactly what my friend was hoping for. But a family of 3 appeared out of no where, went inside and spoke to someone and were immediately seated at that table. OUR TABLE which we had waited 1-1/2 hours for!!!! I was livid!!! The person manning the list had the nerve to tell me they were before me on the list, but she didn't know I had checked on that and saw for myself earlier that we were next. Even though she had a table coming right up, I couldn't eat there. I was SO mad.