“Tasty but expensive”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 75th Street
Transit: 1,2,3 to 72nd street & Broadway A,B,C to Central Park West & 72nd Street
Reviewed 13 August 2013

It is really tasty, the sauce is absolutely delicious, but it is quite expensive and you need to add a lot of things if you want to get a complete dinner. Naan and rice are not included.

3  Thank candice l

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Every time I've walked by Mughlai there was a decent crowd so I always thought I'd give it a try one day. I took a look at their ratings online and was encouraged to try them over the weekend. I got excited and ordered 2 things - lamb briyani and chicken tikka masala which are 2 of my favorite Indian dishes. As you can imagine, I've tried many different varieties of these dishes, and I've been fortunate enough to have tried these in different countries, thereby establishing my palate for their possible variations. I eagerly tried each of these dishes, starting with the lamb briyani. First off I was disappointed that they gave me chicken briyani instead. This was an honest mistake so I didn't let that get to me. Overall, I would say this dish was so-so. I then shifted to the chicken tikka masala to be even more disappointed. This dish was so incredibly sweet, so I stirred it up and gave it a few more tries, but to no avail. I was very hungry but couldn't down this dish.

Net, I won't be going back by choice.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I travel for a living, so its no surprise to pals that if I find a place with good food and folks, that I return to the nest. I've never had a bad meal in this spot, just down the lane from my favourite home away from home hotel, The Beacon on Broadway. So it will come as no surprise, to be tooting the culinary whistle again for this spot. I love the Alo Mata (curried peas and potatoes) with pan and poppadums. Plan to engage the owner or manager when making your selections; I simply let them know what I feel like eating, and they are very happy to bring the plates and platters that suit my palliate. I've often hosted pals at this venue, so I can sample a forkful from everyone... a trip to Indian food without the cost of the airline tickets... but this trip was a solo flight, and yes, I ate too much... that's why 'doggie bags' were created!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Felt it was overpriced. Bread and rice were extra. $3.00 sodas consisted of about 2 ounces of very flat cola. We were the only ones in the place around 1pm on a Saturday. Very slow service.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

They did tasty and huge vegetable samosas and yummy Aloo Tikki. I had a vegetable korma, which was really good although more like a masala in the UK. My husband had the paneer tikka, which consisted of huge chunks of paneer and cauliflower & broccoli on a sizzling dish – not terribly interesting. We would return.

1  Thank Janie M