“Some food good some not, service poor”
Review of Arte Cafe

Arte Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Arte Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,443 of 14,395 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Columbus Avenue
Transit: 1,9,2,3 Trains to 72nd Street.
Description: Located steps away from Central Park " Strawberry Fields" in landmark brownstone. Serving our classic Italian dishes and pizza for over 20 years. Enjoy your dinner in our main dining room adorned with our prestigious wines and giant photos of Italian movie stars. Sit near our cozy fireplace and enjoy.
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Party of two. Highlight was the entrees; chicken piccata tender and tasty. Lowlights were : 1)pear walnut salad. Brown ends on lettuce and very tiny pieces of pear. 2)bread would have been great but was burned 3)service: body odor among a couple of staff very noticable, no explanation of price fixe menu and just didn't seem to be a lot of pride. I just think some standards need to be improved and some training done. The hostess was friendly as a positive point of note.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This was my first time dining at Arte Cafe. My husband and I made a reservation for sunday brunch and when we arrived were told their would be a bit of a wait. I was confused by this because then why would I make a reservation??? Considering we arrived a few minutes early it wouldn't be a big deal but a few minuted turned into 45 minutes. Finally we were seated and it took forever for our server to come to the table. Once he got there, he took our order right away. I ordered an omelet and to drink a champagne and my husband ordered a burger and to drink a screw driver. Our server never brought our drinks we had to flag down a bus boy who was more than happy to get us our drinks. Our food came quickly and was very good! We ordered another round of drinks through our server and he never brought them, and again we flagged down another server who brought them quickly. Honestly this place is very nice, the food is great but the service was a disaster!!! We will have the thick long and hard if we will return.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We enjoy this restaurant for their prix fixe early dinner before a performance at Lincoln Center as well as for just a nice night out. The food is well prepared. The room is lovely and the service is pleasant.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I had dinner with friends here last night. Minestrone, Ravioli, some red wine with sorbet for desert. All very good. My friends all were happy with their choices. Our table was in the main room, an attractive room with brick walls. excellent service, from a pleasant attentive waiter, The manager Marko stopped by to check up on us. I noticed he watched over the room to make sure all was in order. Fairly priced.Always busy on A Friday evening/ A fun place.
Jeremy T

1  Thank jeremy t
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

My party of 5 had only a 10 minute wait at the height of Sunday Brunchtime. Excellent food- tastefully presented. 5 of us ate for about 60$. Definitely will be going back.