“Good Affordable Cuban Chinese restaurant”

LA Dinastia Restaurant
Ranked #6,746 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Spanish
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have been going to this restaurant for almost 20 years and they have been serving quality food since I have been going there. I usually eat their Chicken Cracklings, yellow rice with black beans, Pot Roast, Beef Stew and Ropa Vieja. Their cafe con leche is just awesome as well. Looking forward to going back there in the near future.

1  Thank Kar C

Reviewed 30 March 2014

As a native NYer I thought I'd share my favorite reasonably priced restaurants in my hometown. Here's one on the Upper West Side, about 1 block west of The Dakota and Strawberry Fields (John Lennon's home and monument); 8 short blocks south of the Museum of Natural History; 10 short blocks north of Lincoln Center.

LA DINASTIA, 145 W. 72nd St, between Columbus and Amsterdam Aves. This is classic Cuban/Chinese cuisine, which may sound strange to some, but is usual in NYC and perhaps other places (the Chinese had a long history in Cuba, and then emigrated to NY).

Priced for locals, for $20, you can get a HUGE plate of boneless chicken crackling (sized to share, as most people do), a choice of rice and beans, sodas. Huge selection of other Cuban, and Cuban-influenced Chinese. A great value, homey local atmosphere, and room/time to settle in for a relaxing meal.

I've been going for 25 years, and the quality has never changed. Never took a friend who didn't ask to go back.

1  Thank Ming A
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have been going to this place since 1996 when I worked in the neighborhood. I'm still going there now with my kids. I stick to the things I like. I really love their special fried rice and their shredded beef plate. The rice is flavorful and very good. It's the best chinese rice I've had in NYC. I mostly order to go, but also eat in my fair share. The service is not the friendliest but I'm here for the food. They are also very reasonably priced considering this area. The lunch menu prices range around $7. Their portions are pretty large and can be shared by 2 people.

1  Thank N D
Reviewed 22 October 2013

good best chinesse food we ever have oh lord so delicioso service excellent everything is perfect no complain at all very good prices love it here very much we visit from fla cant wait november b here please

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

The best dish in this restaurant is the boneless crackling chicken (chicharron de pollo sin hueso)! The maduros (sweet plantains) are delicious as well! We dine in the restaurant at least once a month. And we also order take out frequently from La Dinastia!

2  Thank Scotwinkle