“Delicious food near the Met Museum”

Giovanni Venti Cinque Restaurant
Ranked #2,919 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
New York City, New York
“Delicious food near the Met Museum”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We were actually going to the 92n St Y, but my friend made a reservation here.
What a find! the $25 lunch was delicious. I ordered asparagus soup, my friend had the mussels.
I ordered pork, thin slices in a caper sauce, olive oil mashed potatoes, and mixed Italian vegs.
Her dish of chicken Parm, came with a side of spaghetti. Not too Italian a dish, but it was tasty.
I would go back, and I am happy to find something near the museum. We walked to the Y.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank CamilleNewYorkCity

Nassau, New Providence Island
“Good old-world food and atmosphere, great location near the Metropolitan Museum of Art, friendly staff”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We needed to find a restaurant that was really close to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, since the internal restaurants are either unable to guarantee reservation times or are nothing special. Since I cannot walk far, Giovanni Venti Cinque filled the bill. Giovanni Venti Cinque is a nicely civilized old-world type but unassuming spot serving international cuisine. We were there for lunch, and if you stick to their prix fixe luncheon menu, the prices are fine. Sometimes, though, it is hard to muster the resolve to do that because the waiter also mentions dishes from the dinner menu to tempt you, and those prices can be fairly steep. The restaurant appears to be small, but actually there is a lot more seating than at first glance. The wait staff is warm yet reserved, contributing nicely to the low-key yet elegant ambience of the restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Huntington, New York
“Small, intimate, delicious food”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is a very nice little restaurant that I have been to several times for lunch. The Metropolitan Museum is close by, and Giovanni's is just off of 5th Avenue.

The food is excellent, the mussels were fresh and outstanding. Giovanni's is low key and has a varied lunch menu and wine list to choose from. My 94 year old mother ate an entire bowl each time we visited Giovanni's, and still raves about the sauce.

Service is excellent. Staff is very attentive.

This is a definite 'must go' when in the neighborhood of the Metropolitan Museum.

• Visited May 2013
Salem, Massachusetts
“Excellent Lunch by the Met”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Just a block from the Met, Giovanni's offers classic Northern Italian food, done well, with a great wine list to boot. We were five people, and these were the highlights. Asparagus soup, with a non-dairy base, asparagus appetizer, quail special, grilled calamari, pappardella al fungi. Only subpar item was the profiteroles. Service was very professional. I will go back!

• Visited November 2013
Vero Beach, Florida
“Nice Italian restaurant within walking distance to the Met”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My friend and I found Giovanni's while out on a stroll from our hotel. We glanced at the menu and decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. I enjoyed the veal scallopini and my friend had a fish entrée that was very nice. The pino grigio was lovely. The service was very attentive. We were the last ones out on a quiet Sunday night. We will return.

• Visited September 2013