“Delish!”
Review of Cafe Boulud

Cafe Boulud
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Boulud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 13,748 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$40 - US$80
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: 5th and Madison Avenues
Transit: #6 Train to 77th Street & Lexington Avenue M1, M2,M3 or M4 buses on Madison Avenue - 77th Street Stop
Description: CAFÉ BOULUD features a French-American menu inspired by Chef Daniel Boulud's four culinary muses: la tradition, classic French cuisine; la saison, seasonal delicacies; le potager, the vegetable garden; and le voyage, the flavors of world cuisines. In addition to dinner seven nights, we feature a $37 two-course prix-fixe lunch six days a week, and brunch on Sundays. The restaurant is both a neighborhood gem and a destination for food lovers in search of casually elegant dining. Two private dining rooms seating 18 guest each are available for your private entertaining needs, and may be combined to accommodate 40. The restaurant's adjacent BAR PLEIADES serves inventive cocktails and a luxurious bar menu from 3 pm onwards. DANIEL • DB Bistro Moderne •Boulud Sud• Bar Boulud • DBGB Kitchen & Bar
Nashville, Tennessee
“Delish!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I went up to visit my daughter in NYC and she suggested brunch at Cafe Boulud. I had the 3 course and she had the two course lunch selection and we were so glad we choose to eat here. The service was wonderful. The waiters were attentive but did not make you feel rushed...I had to ask for the check! The food was delicious and I thought well priced. We split dessert and left feeling as if we had made a good choice. I will have to really resist the urge to go back instead of trying something new in the City. I would highly recommend dining here! Everything we had was superb.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“"Amazing as always"”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Every time I visit NYC I dine at Café Boulud and they always exceed my expectations. I love that the menu changes with the seasons and they always have new cuisine for me to indulge in. Ate her in late October and had a great experience as usual. For starters me and my partner shared the seared foie gras with pears & beignets-outstanding! I had the venison loin w/ classic au poive and he had the Asian artic char, again both dishes were amazing. But I must say the highlight of the evening was the Premier Cru "Clos du Fonteny" red burgundy, worth every penny!! I am a sommelier in Philly and I'm never disappointed with the extensive wine selections at Café Boulud-Bravo!!

Suffolk
“Ok but with several reservations.”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

After a small amuse bouche starters were also not large, Maine peekytoe crab had several other ingredients making the crab content hard to spot, my Squab en Croute a semicircular slice, of what was more like pate was half wrapped in what was more of a crepe than croute I was expecting, squab in the UK usually means a reared pigeon, this one was I assume wild as there was a shot in it, I did mention this to the waitress with no reaction. Mains were a little more substantial, New Zealand venison loin and civet, civet being a type of French stew and not the cat, nice quite pink but not rare and a touch tough. Classic duo of dray aged beef was OK flavours perhaps being masked by the shallot jus. Artistic desserts, the restaurant was being treated more as a cafe, which it is called, by what we presumed to be locals, the men on a table of four near us shared what appeared to be fried chicken that I did not spot on the menu, we had a good evening partly because our conversation with another couple on a very close table

Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Wonderful, just wonderful”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is truly an experience. A fantastic superbly staffed restaurant with an exceptional seasonal and classic menu. I chose from the seasonal fare and was not dissapointed. From the entree to dessert, the champagne and the wine, everything was spectacular and top of the line. The staff was helpful and knew what they were doing. Make reservations as this is a great restaurant, a suggestion if you request a late seating it is easier to get a reservation as Cafe Bouloud is always booked solid.

Scituate, Massachusetts
“This place is a rip off.”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The cafe is very attractive, but the food and wine are ridiculously priced. We had a $30 appetizer that consisted of three very, very small pieces of pate, 5 see-through pieces of pepperoni, some carrots, some beets, and some lettuce. The featured wine of the evening, which was being offered to us "at cost," was $21 a glass. The non-featured wines were not much cheaper. The overall atmosphere was one of snobbery. I am used to New York prices, but if you want to leave broke and hungry, this is the place.

• Visited November 2013