“So good!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I went on a weekday for lunch, and I was early enough that I missed the line up. It's a popular place, so you have to take that into account when you're going. And when you're there, you must get their famous frozen hot chocolate! It's too much to finish for a solo diner, but get it anyway because it's so very yummy!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,937)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had to visit after watching the film Serendipity, did have to put our name on the list and come back in half hour which wasn't bad. Very quirky place, love the decor. Certainly a lot to look at. The food was nice, but its not what would bring people back. Its quite dear too...but I guess thats because they can get away with it. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Be prepared to wait at Serendipity at least an hour because, after 50+ years as a NYC institution EVERYONE goes there. My granddaughter and I thought we'd catch an early dinner before theater and got there at 4 PM and low and behold we still had to wait an hour. The food is better than most of the "fun" restaurants in NYC....their salads are good, their sandwiches are wonderful, and they have something for everyone. But the dirty little secret is that most people want what put them on the map and that is their famous "frozen hot chocolate." I've been going to Serendipity for at least 50 years and here's something to consider: they make THE BEST hot fudge sundae on the planet. All the tiffany shades, and kooky stuff for sale is fun; but the hot fudge sundae is serious business. Any food you order will be made as well or better than most places....but not one place you go to will have the fun, fashion, and quality of Serendipity.....and no one makes desserts like they do. Now, everyone knows this and you will have to wait....but I have found myself waiting with celebrities of all types and sports figures. Never know who you'll meet at the triple globe lamppost!

1  Thank Alice S R
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Awesome food,great experience and worth the one hour wait. Will be back on my next trip! Decadent desserts...the chocolate Mouse was the best I have had.

1  Thank ChesterTwigg
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Yes it touristy, but it's fun.

This was my second visit, and it was everything I remembered and more.

The portions are huge, so good value. The frozen hot chocolate a must. And the pecan pie was to die for.

We celebrated moms borthday the day we visited, and the staff were amazing. The frozen hot chocolate arrived with a birthday candle and the staff and all of the vistors in the restaurant sang happy birthday to mom. It made her feel very special.

Plan your visit, arrive early and enjoy yourself. Be happy and drink in the atmosphere.

2  Thank Lesley C