“It was good but not great, portions were small.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Between Park and Madison Avenues
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R,W to 59th and Lexington Avenue.
Michigan
“It was good but not great, portions were small.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2009

This place was recommended to us by the concierge at our hotel because we couldn't get a reservation at Nobu. It was okay. The ambience was nice enough, not mind blowing. The food tasted good but the portions were too small for the price. Between my husband and I we had 2 appetizers and 3 sushi rolls and were still hungry and ordered a 4th sushi roll and we still weren't "full", satisfied maybe, but for the $200 we spent not satisfied enough. I was also extremely disappointed in the lack of selection in sushi. There was a very limited selection. Everything was tasty. We liked the Shrimp Lollipop apps and the Shrimp Tempura best. Overall it was an okay experience but I would probably not return and make sure that I made my reservation for Nobu way ahead of time next trip to NYC.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice place but not really a fan of the food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2008

Nice place but not really a fan of the food.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I expected a little more...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2008

I expected a little more from Geisha, had high reviews and good feedback. The decor was interesting because the restaurant appears to be in a townhouse, with the entrance and bar below street level, and the dining rooms on the floors above, accessible via long stairs or small elevator. Food was ok, nothing spectacular considering the prices, dessert was a green tea tiramisu, which was a little watery, but not bad.

san francisco, ca
“Great meal, mediocre service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2008

Really unique food here, as it offers a full array of sushi as well as quite a bit of cooked entrees and appetizers. We ordered about 8 appetizers or sushi rolls and 2 drinks apiece, for $200, which seemed a pretty good value for the quality of food. Lovely atmosphere upstairs, although the tables are so close together our neighbors kept talking to us about our food selections. Best things we got: the fried oysters (and I don't even like oysters; they were heavenly) and the lobster ravioli. Main downside was the mediocre service. Our waitress was not at all personable and at times we were waiting for drink orders, etc. Not at all what you would expect at a restaurant of this caliber.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“ok food but totally over...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2008

ok food but totally over priced, stained sofas and chipped tables in the lounge area. I guess you have to be a sucker to enjoy this "trendy spot".