“Expired hummus”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Neighbourhood: East Village
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The hummus in our meal had gone bad. Unfortunately we had ordered to go and were far from the restaurant to complain about giving us expired hummus. We were glad to find a healthy vegan option but unfortunately all the "healthy" goes south when they give you expired food. Will not be coming back.

There are newer reviews for Chickpea

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Very pleasant, smart staff. This restaurant had very healthy meal options which were all baked, high fiber, rich in antioxidants and tasty while preserving variety. An excellent alternative to fast food while not compromising taste.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

You can taste the freshness in every bite, and the flavours are great. Even the vegetarian options are fulfilling! Highly recommended fast food!

1  Thank carolinesst
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and give this restaurant a try. I ordered a pocket (pita) sandwich with roasted red pepper hummus, chicken, and veggies. While it wasn't bad at all, I don't think I would do it again...it's just not my taste. The restaurant was clean and fast which is a plus at lunch time!

The one thing I really enjoyed from Chickpea was the cup of lentil soup - I got it just in case the sandwich didn't satisfy - and the soup was absolutely wonderful!

2  Thank StevenVA
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Delicious wraps and salads! I hope this chain comes west! I love their pita pockets shwarma! YUMMMY -- do not miss the jalapeno hummus...

1  Thank ErinJCM