“Dinner @ Soho in elegant atmophere”
Review of Public

Neighbourhood: Nolita
Cross street: Spring and Prince
Transit: 6,N & R train
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Excellent restaurant in the hart of Soho with quality staff who know their wines. Menu was a delight with a lentil salad starter including avocado, green beans and a avocado vinigar oil. Main was pork in three different ways. I would come back here anytime.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Upon entering, you're in a dimly lit, loft-like space with high ceilings, yet, still cozy. The design is cool, and I liked the aesthetic. The staff was really friendly and nice, but, I will say, kind of slow. I was left with too much time to look at the menu, when it's not really that extensive. And, throughout the meal, had I needed anything, I would have waited a while. As someone who's waited tables once upon a time, I understand dinner rushes, but, there's still no excuse for letting a table sit without checking on them.

On to food and beverages. So, we ordered everything at the same time, but, our appetizer came out well before our drinks. I usually prefer the opposite. For an appetizer, we got Crispy Brussels sprouts with lemon miso sauce and Aleppo pepper.

You can read the rest of my review with photos here:
sprungonfood.com/2013/10/25/public

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was my second time here and I'll be back every time I go to NY. This is hands down my favorite place to eat and drink when I visit NY and it helps that it is in Nolita which is a very funky part of town. The cocktail bar beside Public, Daily is great and the drinks in there are top notch, sophisticated and funky and all in a glass. It is a must stop before going into Public. The service and food in Public was again terrific. I had the terrine and veal and both were spot on, all washed down with a terrific Pinot Noir from Central Otago. Can't wait to visit again. Much obliged Public.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The decor is ultra modern. The atmosphere is hip and cool. There is good service. The food is imaginative and tasty. The prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Went to Public for a casual anniversary dinner and this was close to perfect for the evening. On the one hand, the food took a long time out of the kitchen but that was fine because it left a lot of time to chat (in other words, they didn't rush us through). The service was good. Most of all, the ambiance and food were great. I highly recommend the lentil salad as a starter. Even though there are much more adventurous items on the menu, it's a solid. And with whatever you get, the brussel sprouts as a side were better than most meals (get the sweet potatoes as well - they go perfect together with nearly every dish). Bonus - they have soy milk cappuccino (a requirement in my wife's book).