“Waiting, Waiting and bad food” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Public

Public
Reserve with OpenTable
Public is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,679 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Nolita
Cross street: Spring and Prince
Transit: 6,N & R train
Marbella
“Waiting, Waiting and bad food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We booked this restaurant based on that they had one star in the Michelin Guide. What a disappointment. We arrived on time, had to wait for our table. Then once seated, we ordered the food, and had to wait for about 40 minutes for our appetizer, another 30 minutes for our mains. When the food finally arrived, all of us were so disappointed. All was salty and the worst was probably the duck liver… I would rather choose another place for a nice dinner in NYC.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ronald G

Tokyo, Japan
“Very dissapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Despite having booked via email about 10 days in advance plus having called the same day two hours before, my reservation must have been mislaid and we were "upgraded" to the very impersonal and not very nice private room behind the bathrooms after a half an hour wait. The place lacked any ambiance and was really like a waiting room rather than being part of the restaurant. The food was good, but nothing to write home about, the wine list very limited and over priced.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

From the cocktails in the bar to the desserts that finished the meal this was a great experience.
Our first decent meal on a culinary trip around Manhattan we enjoyed great hospitality, especially superb direction from the Sommelier, Paul, and wonderfully flavoured, presented and constructed food. I cannot praise this restaurant highly enough.

Visited February 2014
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Dinner @ Soho in elegant atmophere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent restaurant in the hart of Soho with quality staff who know their wines. Menu was a delight with a lentil salad starter including avocado, green beans and a avocado vinigar oil. Main was pork in three different ways. I would come back here anytime.

Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
“My Michelin Guide Challenge Continues at Public”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Upon entering, you're in a dimly lit, loft-like space with high ceilings, yet, still cozy. The design is cool, and I liked the aesthetic. The staff was really friendly and nice, but, I will say, kind of slow. I was left with too much time to look at the menu, when it's not really that extensive. And, throughout the meal, had I needed anything, I would have waited a while. As someone who's waited tables once upon a time, I understand dinner rushes, but, there's still no excuse for letting a table sit without checking on them.

On to food and beverages. So, we ordered everything at the same time, but, our appetizer came out well before our drinks. I usually prefer the opposite. For an appetizer, we got Crispy Brussels sprouts with lemon miso sauce and Aleppo pepper.

You can read the rest of my review with photos here:
sprungonfood.com/2013/10/25/public