“Super fun”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Description: n 1919 Gregorio Garofalo came over from Italy to begin his American dream... He rented a basement, put in his coal stoves, and sprinkled saw dust on the floor. With his knowledge of creating homemade wines, and his passion for cooking, Gregorio's dream began.... The name ..."Puglia" is a region in Southern Italy from which he immigrated. People came from far to indulge in the delicacies Gregorio prepared; Capuzzello (sheepshead), Tripe (the lining of the stomach of a young ox), and Pasta E Fagioli (pasta and beans), but what they loved the most was the way he treated everyone like his own family. Today with his 3rd generation carrying on the recipes and the values he taught them, Gregorio is smiling.... All of us at Puglia thank you for making Gregorio's dream a reality. Buona Sera
“Super fun”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a fun family style Italian place And a friend of mine told me about this place. It lived up to the hype!! Super fun and the good was amazing! Next time I go I will not eat until I explode and drink more.

New York City, New York
“nice old place w/ ok food”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

as with the other places in little italy the food is not traditional,its to americanized,my wife and i had the pizza,it was ok and nothing to write home about,the service is good,it seems that all the wait staff in little italy are albanians....maybe they should call it little albania.

• Visited September 2013
Plano, Texas
“Fun, food, and festive!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Seeking a place with great food and plenty of it? Then this is the place!
This is the perfect spot for a larger group who are hungry. Food is served family style with all the accompaniments (salad, bread.)

If you luck out and get there on the right day, Jorge, the Mexican Elvis, will sing a few songs for you. He encourages participation as well so fly those napkins proudly!

• Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Fun Italian Restaurant For a Great Time”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

If you have a large crowd, this is the Italian place to go in Little Italy but you will need to make reservation for Friday and weekend. There is live singing (I think only on Friday and weekends) and all the customers participate to have fun and eating home cooking Italian meal. The painting on the wall has a history about the restaurant. It gets very loud once the crowd gets into it. The red wine are homemade. This is my second time there and I will be going again in the future with a big crowd (family & friends). Service is excellent. My favorite waiter is Vinny. I love the dessert. Make sure you're really hungry.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank takchi
New York City, New York
“Waiter ruined the experience”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I grew up in an italian family so I'm a little picky with my Italian food.The food was okay, nothing special but not bad, but the waiter was the rudest person I've ever encountered in a restaurant. After ordering a bottle of wine, I asked him for a suggestion between two dishes, to which he rolled his eyes like he couldn't be bothered and said, "I don't know.. the raviolis good." Gee thanks. After my boyfriend ordered the rigatoni, I realized that he hadn't specified between the dish on the specials menu vs. the regular menu, so we grabbed the waiter just to make sure. The waiter snapped at me that he "knew what he ordered" in the nastiest tone of voice. I guess he saw the look of disgust and surprise on my face when I sarcastically said, "Well im sorry sir. You have two rigatoni dishes." To which he argued with me about until I specified the two menus, then saying "They're completely different." ..Okay. I was beyond pissed off that this guy couldn't speak to me without an attitude to the point that I had tears in my eyes. Seeing him joke around and smile with other tables also didn't help his case. The rest of the evening he must have realized how he acted because he started to joke around with my boyfriend I guess in an attempt to get me to lighten up. I did eventually enjoy the night with the live music, but this guys attitude completely ruined the chances of me ever going back. Little Italy is representative of a culture, a loving one which I grew up in, and this guys behavior was a disgrace.

• Visited January 2014