“Another Great Meal”

Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Nha Trang One is family-owned and operated serving authentic, Vietnamese cuisine. Located in downtown New York City, we offer authentic and traditional dishes at affordable prices in a friendly atmosphere. Like in all traditional Vietnamese food, we use a diverse range of herbs and spices including lemongrass, mint, cilantro, Thai basil, and more.
Reviewed 24 November 2013

A favorite of my wife and I for a long time. We went there 2 days ago, (Friday, 11/22/13) to find the place very busy but no waiting in line. We got a table very quickly and were served right away. The fish and squid were excellent as usual. We always get the squid here as it is a real winner. We also had the spring rolls and pork chops. My wife indulged in the beef noodle soup and was not disappointed. The chops were seasoned just right.

Cash or credit is accepted at this hot spot. Keep up the good work!!

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Very poor! Nothing that fresh and tasty and im not much for complaining! Service poor as usual in new york! Food poor flavour and quality

Reviewed 7 August 2013

You don't come here for the decor.
You come for the tasty food.

The decor is well...nothing - mirrored walls and plain wood paneling. Christmas lights 'adorn' the ceiling. Tables are squeezed in the long and narrow space.

Service is fine. Not great. Not bad. One app came out first, then an entree, then the other app and the other entree. But they all came out really fast - and we were really hungry - so it worked out fine.

Food is awesome.
The summer rolls, the shrimp on sugar cane and the beef lettuce wraps are the best apps. Very flavorful and fun to eat. FYI - these three are eaten with your hands.

Dinner was the sauteed sweet and sour squid and the bbq'd pork chops. The squid was helped by a dash or two of the fish sauce on the table. The pork chops were just plain awesome. Sweet and smoky and thinly sliced.

Just don't forget that rice is extra - the entrees don't come with it unless you ask.

Will be back and have been for almost 15+ years.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We eat in authentic Asian restaurants a lot, and I never expect great service because that's just not in the Asian culture. But the service at Nha Trang One was the worst I've ever had. The ravioli appetizer was good. The Pho was "barebones" but was not bad. The two other dishes were ok. After our meal my wife wanted coffee but they just brought the bill. That's ok, but while looking at the bill I noticed one plate was charged 50 cents more than the menu price. So I asked for a menu to make sure I didn't make a mistake. I didn't. So I asked about it and they said "that's the old menu, new menu is $6.50" and walked away before I could say anything yet alone order our coffee. I've never been in a restaurant where they can just charge you whatever price regardless of what's on the menu. What's odd is that of all our dishes this one was the only one that was incorrect. I gave up on the 50 cents and the coffee and we left without paying any tip. I always tip at least 15% or more but I just didn't feel these guys provided any service whatsoever other than putting our plates on table and taking them off as soon as possible, even before we were done finished with them. It was obvious they just wanted people in and out as fast as possible. Then the guy had the nerve to come to the door and say that the tip wasn't included. I said I wasn't happy with the service and I didn't want to leave a tip and he asked why and I said because you overcharged us for our plate. And we left.

I cannot remember the last time I didn't leave at least a few bucks. Next time we want vietnamese we'll try one of the other restaurants in the area.

In summary the food was average but service poor and we won't go back.

Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

My sister and I happened on this place but it is a true gem! Great food!!! FANTASTIC STAFF!!! They answer questions about the menu and will give recommendations!!!